BOG breakfast questions

boujiemama

Original Poster
Is BOG breakfast prix fixe? I noticed on the menu that all the entrees are the same price. We will have a party of 4 reservation at 8:20, but my husband rarely eats breakfast. Can he sit with us and not order any food?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Is BOG breakfast prix fixe? I noticed on the menu that all the entrees are the same price. We will have a party of 4 reservation at 8:20, but my husband rarely eats breakfast. Can he sit with us and not order any food?
I don’t know about sitting without ordering because I have only done BoG solo. BUT, (and this is a big but ;)), you can order in advance and I have always ordered a kid’s meal every time I’ve done breakfast (I’m not a breakfast person in my day to day life). So, crepes or french toast are maybe $15 on the kids meal but come with a self serve drink (unless you preorder a tiny bottle of water or milk or something, don’t do that, select a self pour). They will also bring out pastries for the table. I think it may be for every two people, but they bring the same amount even for a single that ordered a kid’s meal.

So, long story short, the adult meals are all the same price, but there is nothing to stop you from pre-ordering kid’s meals for one, two, or all of your party for half the price (and kid’s meals include the drink), and you still get the pastries. So, order what you want from the menu (although likely cheapest per person is about $15).

Also, they tend to seat first come first served, so shoot to get there in the 8 AM seating even with 8:20 res and you likely will be out in time if they open 7DMT at 8:45 to ride it a couple of times before opening (like they often do when the park opens at 9, if it opens at 8, breakfast won’t help there).

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
You don’t have to order for everyone. DH could simply have a coffee, or indeed nothing at all. You can even get the cupcakes at breakfast, which I may have done before ......!

DISR

It is basically an automated cafeteria experience. Despite the reservation, you will stand in line until you get to an ordering kiosk. Once you order you will find your own table and get your own drinks. Eventually a cart will come by and deliver your order. Given the hype over BoG, we were underwhelmed. The food was decent, but not great. Theming was cool, but it was a one-time experience for us. I don't see any way having someone in the party not order something will be a problem though.

Hockey89

It is basically an automated cafeteria experience. Despite the reservation, you will stand in line until you get to an ordering kiosk. Once you order you will find your own table and get your own drinks. Eventually a cart will come by and deliver your order. Given the hype over BoG, we were underwhelmed. The food was decent, but not great. Theming was cool, but it was a one-time experience for us. I don't see any way having someone in the party not order something will be a problem though.
Cool to do once... Theme was pretty cool... Food was blah at best

nickys

Premium Member

If you pre-order you only have to stand in line for the till. You will be directed to the short line on the left of the bridge. At the till, the CM will double check your order, you pay and go find a table. Much to the consternation of those who didn’t ore-order.

macefamily

Totally agree with member DSR. The breakfast experience annoyed me very much. The wait for a kiosk that day was about 10 minutes. Then you go through the overpriced menu and make your choices. Then, our party of six walked around the entire restaurant for 20 minutes looking for an open table. For the price, the serving size was small. If you like a hearty breakfast to start the day, BOG isn't for you. BOG breakfast is basically a Disney free-for-all. You'll talk to a server for 30 seconds and never see them again.

MrHappy

Great to hear these comments. Can anyone provide a positive review of breakfast or other breakfast tips? We have 8:05 adr's in May

Megbutnotmegan

I’ve had breakfast here three times in the past year. Twice in August and once in December. I loved it. I’m not a huge breakfast eater so portions were good for me. I love the pastries (especially the muffins) and I really enjoyed the egg with Brie. My daughter, age 8, HATED her meal -the crepes. She’s a pretty adventurous eater but found the yogurt and foam to taste “like playdough.” Everyone else likes their meals... including my six year old who ate a $15 bowl of cereal 🙄 Don’t worry we had the dining plan so I wasn’t too annoyed about his order. We had no trouble finding a table, even on New Year’s Eve! I love that you can get your own drinks... nice to be able refill on the way out 😎

belledream

Great to hear these comments. Can anyone provide a positive review of breakfast or other breakfast tips? We have 8:05 adr's in May
Favorite adult entrees: Assorted Cured Meats and Cheeses and Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich. Don’t get the Cronut - get a hot, fresh Cronut without all the frills at Epcot instead. :p

Preordering your meal up to 30 days in advance online does save you some time. :) Enjoy!

DISR

The Croque Madame sandwich was pretty good, and IMO the only really unique breakfast item on the menu. I'll leave it to you to decide whether it is worth $28.00 for a sandwich. I can't agree more with belledream on skipping the cronut. The EPCOT one is better and a fraction of the cost. I expect Disney to be expensive and rarely complain or stress about it, but the $28.00 cronut was eye-watering.

aliceismad

I might be off but I thought I remember reading that Disney started charging a set free at BOG for breakfast to avoid the people who would book early breakfast and then not really order much just so they could get into the park early. Was that for real or a conspiracy theory?

Chi84

Premium Member
I might be off but I thought I remember reading that Disney started charging a set free at BOG for breakfast to avoid the people who would book early breakfast and then not really order much just so they could get into the park early. Was that for real or a conspiracy theory?
It's real and from what I read on these boards, people still do it. There's a set price now, but it's counter service, so no one monitors how much you are ordering. You can order just coffee or a cupcake, I guess. At least one person has posted that the entire family enters, bypasses the ordering line and goes directly into the park.

aliceismad

It's real and from what I read on these boards, people still do it. There's a set price now, but it's counter service, so no one monitors how much you are ordering. You can order just coffee or a cupcake, I guess. At least one person has posted that the entire family enters, bypasses the ordering line and goes directly into the park.
So if they just order coffee they still pay the fixed price? I guess if they're paying, it's the same to Disney regardless of how much someone eats.

Chi84

Premium Member
So if they just order coffee they still pay the fixed price? I guess if they're paying, it's the same to Disney regardless of how much someone eats.
From what I understand, they don't pay the fixed price. There are ala carte items on the menu such as The Master's Cupcake and various drinks. Apparently, people can order just one of those items without being required to order an entree at all. Or they can order one entree for their entire party and share that along with the accompanying pastry tray. Disney is not currently requiring that each person order an entree.

This used to be a bigger problem at dinner, where there are more costs involved in paying cooks, servers, etc. People were ordering just dessert so they could get to see the inside of the restaurant. (In my opinion, it looks like a fancy cafeteria. YMMV.) Now it's a prix fixe dinner where everyone is required to order an entree. I guess if breakfast becomes too much of a problem, Disney will find a way to fix that too.

aliceismad

From what I understand, they don't pay the fixed price. There are ala carte items on the menu such as The Master's Cupcake and various drinks. Apparently, people can order just one of those items without being required to order an entree at all. Or they can order one entree for their entire party and share that along with the accompanying pastry tray. Disney is not currently requiring that each person order an entree.

This used to be a bigger problem at dinner, where there are more costs involved in paying cooks, servers, etc. People were ordering just dessert so they could get to see the inside of the restaurant. (In my opinion, it looks like a fancy cafeteria. YMMV.) Now it's a prix fixe dinner where everyone is required to order an entree. I guess if breakfast becomes too much of a problem, Disney will find a way to fix that too.
I see. Huh. Interesting that they addressed the loophole but did not actually close the loophole.

I thought the snowfall effect was nice and the west wing was nice at BOG, but we found it very loud (and yes cafeteria-like) in the main ballroom. I see ordering early breakfast there on so many "Disney hacks" and "Disney tips" articles/blog posts, I've always wondered if it's really worth it. I think we're going to try the Plaza for breakfast on our upcoming trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom