Bob Iger out as Board Member of Apple

Mouse Trap

Surprised it took this long. They've both been working on streaming services simultaneously for years now. I guess milk that extra BoD salary for as long as possible!

Darkprime

So does this rule out Apple buying Sony? I always thought Bob would perhaps try and push them to make a deal in order to try and get Spider-Man back.

Stripes

It should put to rest any thought of Apple buying Disney.
Not that I believe Apple would do such a thing, but this is exactly what would need to happen if Apple were considering it. Iger being on Apple’s board during negotiations would be an enormous conflict of interest.

Apple and Disney have a very strong relationship. Their corporate cultures are both very perfectionistic. Hence, many Disney fans are also Apple fans, and vice versa.

Slpy3270

Original Poster
This excerpt from Bob Iger's memoir, just posted here on Vanity Fair, is eye-opening.

With every success the company has had since Steve’s death, there’s always a moment in the midst of my excitement when I think, I wish Steve could be here for this. It’s impossible not to have the conversation with him in my head that I wish I could be having in real life. More than that, I believe that if Steve were still alive, we would have combined our companies, or at least discussed the possibility very seriously.

Can you imagine the acquisitions of Lucasfilm and Fox Entertainment Group happening under this scenario? I can't.

Darkprime

This excerpt from Bob Iger's memoir, just posted here on Vanity Fair, is eye-opening.

Can you imagine the acquisitions of Lucasfilm and Fox Entertainment Group happening under this scenario? I can't.

Lucasfilm maybe as they're a small studio and Star Wars and Indie are basically their only major IP. But definitely not Fox. Maybe if Apple/Disney made some concessions they could get it approved. But its moot at this point.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I find that very hard to believe. It sounds like wishful thinking as he drives the company headlong into an area in which the Company has historically and continuously failed to perform.

Janir

Surprised it took this long. They've both been working on streaming services simultaneously for years now. I guess milk that extra BoD salary for as long as possible!
As a board member he'd at least get some insight into Apple's streaming plans so it also paid for him to stick around as long as he could manage it before conflict of interest became a problem for him to deal with.

donsullivan

Premium Member
As a board member he'd at least get some insight into Apple's streaming plans so it also paid for him to stick around as long as he could manage it before conflict of interest became a problem for him to deal with.
He has said repeatedly that he would always recuse himself from the meetings for that topic. As a member of the board, if that was a false statement it could cause him some legal issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom