Boat Transportation

sorcerergoofy

Quick question....

On our first night in the World we always have dinner at DTD. For something different we are considering taking the boat from Port Orleans Riverside to the French Quarter for Beneighs, and then to DTD for dinner. Is this boat ride worth it? Are the sights worth seeing??

Also, we have never taken the boat from Epcot to DHS. We are thinking about doing that as well, and stopping at the Boardwalk along the way. Is the Boardwalk worth seeing?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is worth it. It was much more worth it when the treehouses were being used to house international CM's and they were oblivious to the fact that boats were passing by every 20 minutes but it is still a nice little boat ride.:D

The Boardwalk it worth seeing but walking is faster than the boat.

Upvote 0

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
It is worth it. It was much more worth it when the treehouses were being used to house international CM's and they were oblivious to the fact that boats were passing by every 20 minutes but it is still a nice little boat ride.:D

How long are the rides? From Port Orleans to DTD and Epcot to DHS?

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

Agreed, we took the boat from Epcot to DHS once, never again. If you walk its a lot faster and you get to see a more.

Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

That's exactly what we do every trip.....

Arrive in the afternoon at POR then take the boat to DTD with dinner at Captain Jacks. No parks till the next morning.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

The boat ride from PORS and POFQ is a wonderful trip! You get to see the new tree houses, SSR, a golf coarse and you get a great vantage point of DTD. A must do if you are staying at one of these resorts!

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

We love the boat ride to DTD. As a matter of fact, we aren't really fans of DTD, but love taking the boat ride.

As for the ride from Epcot to DHS, it might be faster to walk, but honestly, by the time we get on the boat, it is a great time to sit for a bit. We usually do it in the 2nd half of our trip, so the kids are ready for something besides bus transport. And by the time we land at DHS, DH and I are ready to walk some more!

Upvote 0

pacochran

One year we did the boat ride to DTD it was a nice and leasurely ride. Not many sites though there are the Tree House Villas (when we went it was just the abandoned tree houses. Also from Epcot to DHS is a nice ride, the Boardwalk has a few nice things, if your going around lunch time you may want to consider going to ESPN for lunch.

Upvote 0

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
Another quick question.

We are staying at POP, not Port Orleans. Are all Disney Resort guests allowed on that boat, or just those staying at Port Orleans?

Upvote 0

mattfusf

I've never had an issue riding that boat, regardless of where I am staying. I believe it is open to all WDW guests like other Disney transport.

Only issue I've ever had is having to wait for 2-3 boats when the line gets really long.

--Matt

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom