Boat transportation

wdwever1

Can anyone tell me about boat transportation at the world and walking paths to the different hotels. Going to be at disney for two weeks and want to check out hotels and downtown disney. Also anyone know if you can get manual
wheelchairs on the boats? Thanks!!

bugsbunny

The boat between MK and WL/Ft.W is big enough to let a wheelchair get pushed on/off. However, its a tight turn and can be a big bump depending on how nicely the boat is docked. I honestly cannot remember if you need to get out of the chair and sit on a bench once you get in. The boat that goes between MK and Contemp/Grand Floridian/Poly is a much smaller boat and that is a big step down to get in.

I haven't been down the walking path between WL and Ft.W in awhile, but last I remember it was not paved and I doubt you want to push a wheel chair through it. The only path I know for sure that is paved and wheelchair accessible is from the Contemp to MK.

I'm sure other people can chime in the rest of them.

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

I'm a Watercraft Pilot. Obviously, wheelchairs and ECV's can get on the MK Ferry Boat. They can also be rolled/ ridden onto the Motor Cruisers that run between the MK, WL, and FW. We're only supposed to allow 2 on a cruiser at a time. The only boats that they cannot roll onto are the Resort Launches which are too small.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

At Epcot, there is a boat that goes to the Epcot resorts and on to DHS. There are also paths. One goes past the BC/YC, the other past the Boardwalk. They join up at the Dolphin and Swan, and continue on to the DHS. The path from the Swan/Dolphin to DHS is quite long, though - about 1/2 mile.

There are also boats from DtD to the POFQ/POR resorts, and also to SSR and OKW. It is possible to walk from the East end of the SSR to the East side of DtD as well, but if you are going from the central or West part of SSR, it is a long walk. Also if you are going to the other side of DtD.

It is theoretically possible to walk from SSR to the West side of DtD by going through the golf course, but I don't think you're supposed to be doing that.

Edit: apparently you are allowed to do that, according to MichWolv, but wdwfan4eva doesn't recommend doing it at night.

Also, in the original post I got East and West backwards! (duh!) Sorry! It's fixed now.

Upvote 0

HinunterZuNich

If planning to use the boat transportation between Epcot and DHS, make sure to leave ample time! It's a very relaxing ride, but you must remember that you will stop at the Boardwalk, Y&B Club, Swan/Dolphin, and finally DHS. Not that this is bad in any way, but at the same time it won't be as direct as a bus ride can be.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

If planning to use the boat transportation between Epcot and DHS, make sure to leave ample time! It's a very relaxing ride, but you must remember that you will stop at the Boardwalk, Y&B Club, Swan/Dolphin, and finally DHS. Not that this is bad in any way, but at the same time it won't be as direct as a bus ride can be.

Enjoy!

The Friendship Boats are only relaxing if you have nothing else to do. I've yet to have a pleasant ride on that slow, overcrowded boat. I prefer walking to the Studios from EPCOT or vice versa.

Magic Kingdom Watercraft all the way!:king:

:lookaroun

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Can anyone tell me about boat transportation at the world and walking paths to the different hotels. Going to be at disney for two weeks and want to check out hotels and downtown disney. Also anyone know if you can get manual
wheelchairs on the boats? Thanks!!

I'll tackle a few walking paths, as it has been a hobby of mine to find them and check them out.

Contemporary to MK and on past MK for a bit is paved and easy to follow.

TTC to Polynesian past the Wedding Pavilion and on to Grand Floridian is also paved and easy to follow.

All-Star Sports past Mcdonalds and Blizzard Beach and on to Coronado Springs is also paved, although not as easy to find if you aren't looking for it.

Old Key West to Downtown Disney along the golf course and Sassagoula river is also paved. It's easy to find from DTD, but not easy from OKW. There are a couple of markers though, so you are certainly meant to do this.

Around the DTD lake. There's a bridge that crosses from the extreme west end of tha parking lot over to Saratoga Springs, then go through Saratoga Springs to a sidewalk that leads back to the other end of DTD. Paved all the way.

WL to FW -- mostly paved, I think, but very dark.

There are also nice paved walkways through Carribbean Beach, Coronado, and Port Orleans that are pleasant.

One thing to add on the boat transport. There are boats that go from Port Orleans and OKW down to downtown disney. Very pleasant ride and you can get wheelchairs onto the boats.

Upvote 0

wdwfan4eva

It is theoretically possible to walk from SSR to the East side of DtD by going through the golf course, but I don't think you're supposed to be doing that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you were to go through the golf course to DTD, aren't you heading to the WEST of DTD (hence DTD Westside, where La Nouba and HoB are)???

You are allowed to go that way. I don't suggest doing it at night, though, it's kind of creepy. :lookaroun

I prefer walking from SSR to the DTD Marketplace better (East, right?). It's a more brightly lit and cleared path.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you were to go through the golf course to DTD, aren't you heading to the WEST of DTD (hence DTD Westside, where La Nouba and HoB are)???

You are allowed to go that way. I don't suggest doing it at night, though, it's kind of creepy. :lookaroun

I prefer walking from SSR to the DTD Marketplace better (East, right?). It's a more brightly lit and cleared path.

You are absolutely right; I got East and West reversed in the whole post! (duh!). It's fixed now. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom