Boardwalk vs. Kidani Village

captainkidd

Please give your opinions and help me decide which resort is best for us. There are 5 of us, so Kidani Village works out best in terms of sleeping arrangements, but we could use an air mattress at Boardwalk in the 1 bedroom. My main concern with Kidani is the lack of food options, and having to go over to Jambo House to eat. I love the look of the rooms, but I prefer the layout and area of Boardwalk.

Pros, cons, opinions?

journ116

Hi CaptainKidd! I've stayed at both resorts before (in fact, Kidani is my "home resort"), and it's definitely a toss up. Here's why:

Kidani Pros
1. Some resorts it's location, location, location, but this one is atmosphere, Atmosphere, ATMOSPHERE! The attention to details is breathtaking; plus, you have the luxury of an on-site African Savannah!
2. Nicer pools.
3. Close to AK park (if it isn't your favorite, then this point is moot).
4. Everyone has an actual bed (even if it is a pull-out).

Boardwalk Pros
1. Proximity to EP and HS (no buses, just good walking shoes or a leisurely boat ride). My family loved this fact, because obviously we didn't have to wait in line for crowded busses, and our DD's (DD5 & DD2), could get out of the stroller and skip to the parks!
2. Close to other amenities (i.e. restaurants, mini-golf, boardwalk activities).

Kidani Cons
1. My biggest gripe about this resort (and we've experienced this point first hand, and often): Transportation. Considering that Jambo House and Kidani share busses, and the fact that it's located the farthest from the MK, EP, and HS, makes for long wait times and crowds. When we do stay here again, we'll be renting a car.
2. Lack of on-site quick-service. Kidani does have a soda fountain in their very little gift shop to refill your mugs. However, we always made the 5-10 minute walk over to Jambo House to get some grub.

Boardwalk Cons
1. I remember having to share busses with Swan & Dolphin resorts sometimes (I think it was to DTD). But this isn't as big a deal as Kidani's transportation.
2. Same as Kidani, lack of on-site quick-service. In order to refill your mug or grab a snack, you need to go out to the boardwalk to Boardwalk Bakeries (I think you can also fill up near the pool).
3. Only 1 set of elevators...although, we haven't run into a problem (our room was located near the bank of elevators).

The room decor is nice in both resorts, although a complaint about Kidani is lack of lighting (but this adds to the atmosphere, and is never an issue for my family).

We're planning a trip in Nov. 2012, and we're keeping our fingers crossed that we can snag 3 studios at BWV!

I guess it all depends on what you're in the mood for. Enjoy your trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom