Boardwalk Villas first timer

Flight Safety

Original Poster
Hello all,

Its been a while since I've been active on these forums, but I wanted to see if anyone had any advice for a first time stay at Boardwalk Villas. My trip is fast approaching and Im beginning to get excited. Let me preface this with the following disclaimer; I am a local and a DVC member, I have visited the resort many, many times but have never stayed at the resort as a guest. So, Im not looking for obvious info like where to eat, etc. Im looking for deeper advice or info from someone with experience staying at this property.

My trip is a 7n stay in a 1br villa (May 19-26). Most of our visits to BW are usually for dining purposes. While I feel like the overall experience has declined at Flying Fish lately, its still one of my favorites so we do frequent this location and do have ADRs here as well as Trattoria Al Forno. I am looking to spend as much time as possible at the resort and while I do plan to visit the parks, I would like to keep it to a minimum to enjoy some R&R. Any tips for staying at this property or any other useful information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EOD K9

Hello all,

Its been a while since I've been active on these forums, but I wanted to see if anyone had any advice for a first time stay at Boardwalk Villas. My trip is fast approaching and Im beginning to get excited. Let me preface this with the following disclaimer; I am a local and a DVC member, I have visited the resort many, many times but have never stayed at the resort as a guest. So, Im not looking for obvious info like where to eat, etc. Im looking for deeper advice or info from someone with experience staying at this property.

My trip is a 7n stay in a 1br villa (May 19-26). Most of our visits to BW are usually for dining purposes. While I feel like the overall experience has declined at Flying Fish lately, its still one of my favorites so we do frequent this location and do have ADRs here as well as Trattoria Al Forno. I am looking to spend as much time as possible at the resort and while I do plan to visit the parks, I would like to keep it to a minimum to enjoy some R&R. Any tips for staying at this property or any other useful information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Ask to stay near the elevators. I've stayed in the last room on the first floor and its a hike. The fitness doesnt bother me, it just gets old when you want to go somewhere.

RememberWhen

And if you do end up in one of those rooms way down the end of the never-ending hallway take the stairs! At least on the way out. If you figure out which ones dump you where it can save a bit of time (provided you aren’t lugging a stroller or scooter along).

Also, the quiet pool is nice and community hall has fun stuff going on.

What view do you have?

Flight Safety

Original Poster
And if you do end up in one of those rooms way down the end of the never-ending hallway take the stairs! At least on the way out. If you figure out which ones dump you where it can save a bit of time (provided you aren’t lugging a stroller or scooter along).

Also, the quiet pool is nice and community hall has fun stuff going on.

What view do you have?

Thanks for the advice. I have a garden/pool view. I’m traveling with my wife and 3 y/o daughter, so stairs will not be an option as we will most of the time have a stroller.

RememberWhen

Thanks for the advice. I have a garden/pool view. I’m traveling with my wife and 3 y/o daughter, so stairs will not be an option as we will most of the time have a stroller.
Then definitely near the elevator is nice. Do consider the stairs to get to and from the pool if you won’t be bringing the stroller down. My kiddos love the baby pool at the main pool.

Check our the evening boardwalk performers. My kids always enjoy that. And definitely get ice cream at least once.

Have fun!

Flight Safety

Original Poster
Then definitely near the elevator is nice. Do consider the stairs to get to and from the pool if you won’t be bringing the stroller down. My kiddos love the baby pool at the main pool.

Check our the evening boardwalk performers. My kids always enjoy that. And definitely get ice cream at least once.

Have fun!

Thanks! I’m also wondering what is recommended for transportation from BW to the parks/DS/etc. Obviously I would walk to Epcot, but everything else I’m not sure of.

RememberWhen

Thanks! I’m also wondering what is recommended for transportation from BW to the parks/DS/etc. Obviously I would walk to Epcot, but everything else I’m not sure of.
You’ll want the bus for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom or Disney Springs. The bus stop is out the front entrance and down the path. It can sometimes take a long time to get there.
Boat or walk to Epcot and DHS. It’s really a great location. We have been known to take the long way to Magic Kingdom via Epcot and the Monorail, but just for fun when we don’t really have things planned.

RememberWhen

Another thing I was wondering is if BWV provides room service.
I assume so. I’ve stayed there dozens of times, but we’ve never ordered room service. There’s a pizza window downstairs, as well as the little shop to buy milk and cereal and whatnot.
If you buy mugs you can fill them at the bakery down on the boardwalk, but you can also get your morning coffee in the lounge on the inn side. Way more convenient on a bus morning.

Flight Safety

Original Poster
You’ll want the bus for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom or Disney Springs. The bus stop is out the front entrance and down the path. It can sometimes take a long time to get there.
Boat or walk to Epcot and DHS. It’s really a great location. We have been known to take the long way to Magic Kingdom via Epcot and the Monorail, but just for fun when we don’t really have things planned.

Thats what I figured. Sometimes if we're in a hurry, we'll do a Minnie Van to MK if we're not one the monorail loop, but I think well give the bus a try first and see how it goes.

I assume so. I’ve stayed there dozens of times, but we’ve never ordered room service. There’s a pizza window downstairs, as well as the little shop to buy milk and cereal and whatnot.
If you buy mugs you can fill them at the bakery down on the boardwalk, but you can also get your morning coffee in the lounge on the inn side. Way more convenient on a bus morning.

Most of the deluxe resorts offer room service, but I know there have been changes in recent years so I wasn't sure. We like the convenience of room service on nights we arrive back to our room later in the evening after our little one is out and we don't have many options. As for pizza, my wife and I are spoiled and won't eat pizza on property unless at Via Napoli 😂. Luckily its just a 20 minute walk away from the resort.

We live 10 minutes from WDW property so we can easily bring food from home, and since were in a 1br villa we'll be bringing some breakfast food, etc. with us. Our home resort is Polynesian so most of our stays are in a studio. That being said, we have only stayed in a 1br villa a few times, and most of those times we didn't take advantage of the kitchen. This time I hope to do just that and at the same time save a little money.

correcaminos

Ask to stay near the elevators. I've stayed in the last room on the first floor and its a hike. The fitness doesnt bother me, it just gets old when you want to go somewhere.
The downside to being near the elevators is that we find it much noisier.

We don't mind the walk but waiting on the small elevator bank can be annoying. I like being close to stairs to avoid that. 1st or 2nd floor by the quiet pool is my favorite location.

What room type do you have booked? If you walk the halls to the end of BWV, the walk to DHS isn't bad. Or you can walk to the Swan and hop the boat there.

Bus to all other locations.

Flight Safety

Original Poster
The downside to being near the elevators is that we find it much noisier.

We don't mind the walk but waiting on the small elevator bank can be annoying. I like being close to stairs to avoid that. 1st or 2nd floor by the quiet pool is my favorite location.

What room type do you have booked? If you walk the halls to the end of BWV, the walk to DHS isn't bad. Or you can walk to the Swan and hop the boat there.

Bus to all other locations.

I for one would rather walk farther and have a quieter location. I find that people in hotels are seldom courteous towards other guests when walking the halls, etc. and I like to be away from the hustle and bustle of everything.

We have a 1br garden/pool view villa. I have requested a higher floor because I like to be above everyone with kids that jump and run around at 2am.

Seeshark

I had tried to get room 2123, 3123 or 4123 when I stayed there. They apparently are extra large one-bedroom villas with larger (and private) balconies. They are way down at the end where the building bends. If you don't mind the longer walk to the Boardwalk, maybe it's something that would interest you. If you go out the exit down there, you're right near the bus stop and a pretty good head start if you decide to walk to DHS. I wasn't able to get those and was maybe was halfway down overlooking the quiet pool instead. That was nice too. I didn't feel like the walk to the Boardwalk area was too much, and it was probably was quieter than the elevator area. We took the bus to Animal Kingdom while we were there and didn't wait long at all on either end of the ride.

correcaminos

I for one would rather walk farther and have a quieter location. I find that people in hotels are seldom courteous towards other guests when walking the halls, etc. and I like to be away from the hustle and bustle of everything.

We have a 1br garden/pool view villa. I have requested a higher floor because I like to be above everyone with kids that jump and run around at 2am.

I'll be honest, we've done 1st floor and it echos less than you think. Last time I requested 'upper floor' I got third as an FYI. The 1st floor by the quiet pool was super quiet really. Though BWV in my opinion is louder than some (though not as loud as BLT). I wouldn't hesitate to ask for 1st floor ever. That said request by the quiet pool. I'd specify 5th floor if that's what you want.

I had tried to get room 2123, 3123 or 4123 when I stayed there. They apparently are extra large one-bedroom villas with larger (and private) balconies. They are way down at the end where the building bends. If you don't mind the longer walk to the Boardwalk, maybe it's something that would interest you. If you go out the exit down there, you're right near the bus stop and a pretty good head start if you decide to walk to DHS. I wasn't able to get those and was maybe was halfway down overlooking the quiet pool instead. That was nice too. I didn't feel like the walk to the Boardwalk area was too much, and it was probably was quieter than the elevator area. We took the bus to Animal Kingdom while we were there and didn't wait long at all on either end of the ride.

Isn't that a standard room? I know they changed some but I thought you had to book standard to get that since it shows more or less the roadway in. I could be wrong, but I saw it listed as a standard a while ago. But that far down isn't bad. I just prefer facing the quiet pool.

JenDud

We are also going to BWV for the first time. Will be there June 4-10. I have a standard view studio and have asked for an upper floor hoping it would be quieter. I think people are not courteous when it comes to noise. Went to Pigeon Forge several months ago and had to get out of bed after 11 pm and tell the kids that were playing loudly in the hall that people were trying to sleep.😡

disneyflush

First time at BWV as well, arriving May 26 for a week. Has anyone stayed lately that could comment on if the freezer section in the small fridge actually keeps something frozen? Trying to plan a few groceries.

Flight Safety

Original Poster
I'll be honest, we've done 1st floor and it echos less than you think. Last time I requested 'upper floor' I got third as an FYI. The 1st floor by the quiet pool was super quiet really. Though BWV in my opinion is louder than some (though not as loud as BLT). I wouldn't hesitate to ask for 1st floor ever. That said request by the quiet pool. I'd specify 5th floor if that's what you want.

Thanks for the info. I don't recall the ability to pick a specific floor for online check in, but have requested "highest floor". Hopefully that will help. I only request the highest floor because I don't want to deal with hearing a family above us jumping around, which has happened on several occasions. Most recently at Copper Creek. Our room type is garden/pool view and I really hope its not facing a pool as these are usually the noisiest. We shall see, 6 days until check in. Getting excited!

Flight Safety

Original Poster
First time at BWV as well, arriving May 26 for a week. Has anyone stayed lately that could comment on if the freezer section in the small fridge actually keeps something frozen? Trying to plan a few groceries.

I am also a first timer @ BWV, hence the thread, but I do believe the refrigerator/freezer is pretty much the same in most of the resorts. If you're in a studio I wouldn't recommend bringing anything that needs to be kept frozen as the small fridges don't have a ton of space in the "freezer" section. That being said, I did keep some premium bars in ours one time and it worked fine.

correcaminos

Thanks for the info. I don't recall the ability to pick a specific floor for online check in, but have requested "highest floor". Hopefully that will help. I only request the highest floor because I don't want to deal with hearing a family above us jumping around, which has happened on several occasions. Most recently at Copper Creek. Our room type is garden/pool view and I really hope its not facing a pool as these are usually the noisiest. We shall see, 6 days until check in. Getting excited!
No, that's one you have to write or call in for. some of the options for DVC rooms are ridiculous (bottom or top floor for cabins and bungalows for example) so we just write, call, or chat it in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom