BoardWalk Resort Information

Blizz

Hello everyone!

I am so excited, today my family booked our vacation to Walt Disney World and we decided on the BoardWalk Inn. I have never stayed at this resort but I have always wanted to!

We booked a standard view room and are going the first week of Aug.

Do you have any tips and/or information of the resort?
Should I ask for a specific room or floor or area of the hotel to stay in (standard view room)? Any help would be great!

~Brent~

slyjester

Hi, I have not personally stayed at the Boardwalk Inn, though I almost chose it for my upcoming Disney trip. Nonetheless a great website for information on your resort and Disneyworld in general is Deb's Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World or http://wdwig.com/ ! An amazing website, when you click on accommodations you will first read an overview about the Disney Resorts in general and on the left hand side is a list of every Disney Resort. You will find a resort map, room pictures (with every imaginable view from shower to bureau), reader's comments and so much more. Oh, it may recommend a room but I know it will definitely tell you how to place a recommendation on one and what not. Plus, her website has information on Disney parks, dining (which even has updated menus of every restaurant on Disney property), and so much more. I am sure you will find all the information you need here. Hope you have a great trip and that you find what you need on this site. :)

Upvote 0

Katherine

Originally posted by slyjester
Plus, her website has information on Disney parks, dining (which even has updated menus of every restaurant on Disney property), and so much more.
She has posted menues to most of the restaurant's at WDW too! THey have prices with the food choice and are really nice when planning where to eat.

Upvote 0

Pippa

Hi Blizz, I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn a few years ago and it was wonderful. We had a standard room but our balcony looked over the entrance to the hotel so we could be nosey at everyone coming and going! The bathrooms are nice and big,all marble floors and units. If you get the chance order breakfast in bed, the "boardwalk breakfast" is to die for. I have since stayed at the Caribbean Beach but it wasn't as nice, my fiance and I plan to stay at the Boardwalk on our honeymoon eventually. The location is great you can walk to Epcot early in the morning and get on all the rides first!

Have a fabulous trip!

Upvote 0

uncle al

You're going to love it. We have stayed there a few times, althoug Beach Club is our favorite the Boardwalk is a close second. It is really a neat place and the location can't be beat. A really short walk (maybe 5-7 minutes) to Epcot, and a 15 or so minute walk to MGM. Of course boats are available to either place and buses are right out front to other areas. We especially enjoy the Belle Vue Room (just off the main lobby) it is a really nice place to realx in the afternoon - enjoy an adult beverage (if you are so inclined) - and relax before hitting the parks in the evening. The pool is very nice - In my opinion it has the second best water slide (the best is at Stormalong Bay - YC/BC) - the "Keister Coaster". The rooms are nice and roomy. On the Boardwalk, in terms of restaurants, there are quite a few choices. Our favorite is ESPN Club - if you like sports and better than average burgers, wings, nachos, salads, etc... We also enjoy Spoodles - the food is good and the service is as well. We have not eaten at The Flying Fish but everyone who has says it is excellent. We have eaten at the Big River Brewery (I think that is the name). We were not too impressed - but we had friends who had lunch there last month and they said their meal was good. If you want to enjoy a great steak stroll over to The Yachtsman at the YC/BC. And as long as you are there stop in at Beaches and Cream for some ice cream.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

My wife and I stayed at Boardwalk Inn last october. We requested a good view of Epcot from our standard room. We ended up with an awesome view of the park. You could see part of almost every building in Future world and the taller buildings of the world showcase. Great view of the fireworks too.

The whole resort has a great atmoshpere. My wife and I loved getting breakfast at the bakery on the boardwalk and eating on our balcony looking out at epcot.

We ate at every restauarant their. Must agree that Big River Brewery isn't that special... reminds me of Applebees or TGI Fridays. Flying Fish and Spoodles are amazing though. Both have become can't miss restaurants for each trip.

And if you are looking for a quiet place for a drink, try to get a table on the balcony at the The Belle Vue Room. It's not too crowded late at night and it's a great few of the lake and the boardwalk.

You'll have an awesome time!

Upvote 0

Blizz

Original Poster
Thank you all for your help.

I have eaten at both Beaches and Cream and Spoodles. I loved both, including the over-sized cups of coffee at Spoodles.

I wasnt sure if they had standard view rooms that view the park, but I will be sure to call them tomorrow and put that request on our reservation.

Also, what is the soonest you have ever been able to check in there? One time at the Wilderness Lodge we were able to check-in at noon.

Upvote 0

uncle al

On our first visit to the resort we actually checked in at around 8:30 or so - I remember it only because we recieved an upgrade to the one of the little cottages behind the Inn. It was fantastic and of course it hasn't happened again - but it was special that trip. Even if your room isn't ready - you can check in and store your luggage until you return from the parks or whatever.

Upvote 0
Uncle Al, you had the same situation as we did. They upgraded our room to a great garden suite, 2 floors. Same price as the regular room would be. It mad our trip fantastic, but spoiled us. I agree with all your recommendations. Another great steak is at Shula's Steakhouse at the Dolphin, across the water from the Boardwalk. It is pretty pricey though. The last time we were at WDW we stayed at the Grand Floridian. Although very nice, there was so much more to do on the Boardwalk. The GF is convenient to the MK but everything else is a hassle to get to. The Boardwalk is really conveniently located. That is where we would stay next time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom