Boardwalk Inn--last minute panic

kennedy

So we've recently stayed at the AKL and WL and had wonderful experiences. Continuing on our quest to try new places, we are booked to be at the Boardwalk next week. For some reason, I'm having last minute doubts about the resort. (I don't know. . . WL and AKL are BEAUTIFUL. In comparison, is BW too. . .hoakey? (The photos of the clown pool kind of scare me. . .) So now I'm wondering if I should do a last-minute switch to either the Beach Club or Yacht Club. Here's what I'm looking for: A great place for adults (no kids) for dining, drinks, with a nice, relaxing environment. Thoughts?

SamatBCV

I've never stayed at Boardwalk, but have heard good things about it. Having said that, personally I know I prefer the Beach or Yacht clubs. I've stayed at both and they have a number of advantages. They have good access to the Boardwalk restaurants/nightlife, but are quieter. They also have the best pool on property IMO with Stormalong bay. Beach club is also the closest hotel to the entrance to Epcot. Please keep in mind that I'm completely biased for the Beach club since that is where I book my DVC trips. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lee L

My wife and I stayed at the Boardwalk for our honeymoon and it was excellent. It is so close to so much stuff. You can walk right down to the restauraunts and bars, the big pool with the roller coaster look slide is cool and there is a quiet pool as well. Plus as mentioned it is a pretty easy walk to Epcot and you can even walk to MGM if you are up for a good hike. We have also stayed at AKL and WL and the BW is just as nice just a totally different theme.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Stay at BoardWalk. You may think the pool is hokey, but wait till you see the interior, it is quite elegant, and the rooms are nicely appointed. In the lobbies, huge carousel horses, bouquets, and all sorts of other beautiful things adorm the walls and ceilings. ENJOY!!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I think that the resort looks very nice. The nostalgic look of the resort really is unique. The pool is great. It has one of the best slides in WDW. So you will not be dissapointed with that.

Upvote 0

old pir8

DW and I are big Wilderness Lodge fans but Boardwalk is a close second. The pool may be a tad hokey (the geiser at Wilderness is too) but the rest of the place is awesome. Rooms and decor are excellent, and the access to restaurants and bars (both BW and Epcot not to mention Swan, Dolphin and Yacht and Beach Clubs) is unparralleled.

Upvote 0

Maria

You´ll be fine with the Boardwalk, dont worry... the surroundings are great for couples! I wouldn´t bee too worried about the pool...how much longer can you spend in it? ;) Plus, there is always a water park! :D The Boardwalk area in my opinion, is the best to stay. When you come back tired from the parks, just go out of your hotel to the promenade and walk around it: Jelly Rolls, Atlantic Dance, ESPN, Beaches and Cream, etc... VERY NICE and romantic!

Have a great trip and please come back with a trip report! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom