blackout days

leftymoreno

Original Poster
Hey guys,
I have a quick question. Ive read a few posts about cast members being blacked out on certain days, in which they arent allowed to visit the parks. Does anybody know the days for 2006, or where I might find a listing? I start my position in June, so I am unable to check the portal right now. Also, as far as special events such as night of joy and mickeys not so scary, are cast members allowed to go if they purchase the event ticket, or must a regular one day ticket be purchased? Thanks for any help :wave:

typhoonguy

leftymoreno said:
Hey guys,
I have a quick question. Ive read a few posts about cast members being blacked out on certain days, in which they arent allowed to visit the parks. Does anybody know the days for 2006, or where I might find a listing? I start my position in June, so I am unable to check the portal right now. Also, as far as special events such as night of joy and mickeys not so scary, are cast members allowed to go if they purchase the event ticket, or must a regular one day ticket be purchased? Thanks for any help :wave:

Are you asking about maingate black out or ID black out?

CrashNet

I'll go check for you real quick and let you know. :) Be Right Back.

Here you go: these are the days you will not be able to use your ID to get in the park, and that INCLUDES going through backstage. Usually, as a CP, you are going to be working these days anyway, so you are already going to be there. The dates do vary depending on the park, so I seperated it by park for you.

Walt Disney World® Resort - FLORIDA
Magic Kingdom® Park: July 4, December 25 - 31, 2006
Epcot®: December 31, 2006
Disney-MGM Studios: December 27 - 31, 2006
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park: December 26-30, 2006

jimmybop

from what I understand these dates are Blacked out for Maingate/silver/etc passes. You can enter with your white ID (or any other CM ID) at any time during these days (well.. unless the park is full of course).

I was able to get into all parks through the front gate with no problem with my white ID last fall.. including when I (along with another Cp and a Part-time CM) when to MK on Dec. 30th where they had a preview of the new years fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom