Birthday planning question

Captain NoBeard

Just a question, hoping you guys could help us out. We are currently planning to take my mother and step-father to WDW next november. It will be their first time there, so we want them to have a good time. During the period we will be there, my mother's b-day will occur, and we want to take her someplace special.

We were thinking of trying Hoop-de-Doo (neither me or my other half have done it before). Does anyone know if they do anything special for birthdays? Or would it be better to take them somewhere else? (i.e. fancy restaurant, character dinner, etc) Or would Aloha be a better choice for dinner shows?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

RiversideBunny

The best thing you can do is to let Disney know about her birthday- when reserving the room, at the front desk when checking in, at Guest Services at the parks, at Town Hall in the Magic Kingdom, in restuarants, etc.
Very often something special will be done.
If they give her a Birthday pin or badge to wear, then all day people will treat her special. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

The hoop-dee-doo is a great place, I don't know that they would do anything special for her birthday- we went on our honeymoon and they saw my wedding ears and made me get on stage for the ending of the show, I think they sang happy birthday to all the birthday people in the audience, but I can't remember.

Whatever you do, I am sure it will be a great time :) Get the birthday pins at every Park (each park has a different looking pin)

Upvote 0

littlered

the birthday buttons are the same at all the parks and hotels, I got mine at my hotel when I checked in, we also got aour anniversary buttons there. At concourse steakhouse I got a candle in my dessert, At tony's town square they spread the table with confetti and streamers and at dessert made me stand up and the waiter annouced my birthday to the room and everyone had to wave their napkins and say happy birthday and blow a big kiss. Lots of CM's said happy birthday thru out the day it was alot of fun. Everyplace does different things.

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

the birthday buttons are the same at all the parks and hotels
The buttons at each park are actually different. The one at MK has the Castle on it, the one at AK has the Tree, I didn't get one at Epcot but I am assuming it has SSE or something else significant to Epcot on it and MGM says MGM on it- they all say happy birthday, but it's neat to get the different icons- I got all but Epcots in June and wish I could have gotten Epcots, but they said they were out.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

The Hoop-dee-Do is a great place to go for her birthday. They'll sing to her but it's all in great fun, so it's not really as embarrassing as it may sound. we did this for my DH last year and he loved it.

Upvote 0

Captain NoBeard

Original Poster
Thanks for info

Thanks.

Since we're staying in the campground, it looks like Hoop De Doo will a good choice for us. Also, it's good to hear that it won't be too mortifying for her. Embarassment is good for the soul, but some commercial (i.e. non-disney) restaurants can take it too far.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom