Birthday in Disney

My son is going to turn 4 when we will be in WDW. Is there anything special I can arrange that isn't too expensive?
Aww that should be great! In any of the parks you can get a Birthday Button. The Cast Members pay special attention and your boy can get some special treatment! Another suggestion is maybe Minature Golf...

Upvote 0

Chape19714

Be sure to get a Birthday Button, and have a nice sit down dinner somewhere. Be sure to metion it's for a birthday when making the reservation. Also, if he's feeling up to it, Goofy likes to call and wish happy birthdays, but that'll probally be a spontanious thing in city hall or a store.

Upvote 0

EMThompsen

Be sure to get a Birthday Button, and have a nice sit down dinner somewhere. Be sure to metion it's for a birthday when making the reservation. Also, if he's feeling up to it, Goofy likes to call and wish happy birthdays, but that'll probally be a spontanious thing in city hall or a store.

Yes, that’s good advice…Definitely the first thing you should do when you enter the first park you visit is to get the birthday button. Your son should wear it everywhere you go at Disney. Mention that it’s your son’s birthday to everyone you talk with when you make reservations. Tell the concierge at your hotel too. Also let the concierge know which Disney character is your son’s favorite. Something as simple as a balloon & a birthday card from that character might appear in your room. Also remind the maitre ‘d at each restaurant you go to you’re celebrating a birthday. Tell every CM you see it’s your son’s birthday. Don’t be obnoxious…but be shameless

I thought you might like this story. It’s an example of what might happen when you celebrate a birthday at WDW
We were checking out a good spot for the parade when a CM named Sal saw the birthday button on my friends bag . ( I won’t mention his name he's shy) I - being shameless- told Sal it was his birthday. Sal wished him a happy birthday & we went on our way. So… there we are waiting for the parade to start & the crowd starts to slowly increase in numbers. Suddenly we hear someone calling my friend’s name. It’s Sal screaming at the top of his lungs. We get up and Sal gets my friend to stand up in the middle of the street and gets the whole crowd to sing Happy Birthday to him.
It was a great moment.

Here’s a photo of Sal conducting the crowd:

:lol:

Attachments

• Sal Conducting The Crowd.jpg
    Sal Conducting The Crowd.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 25
Upvote 0

Beauty_Belle

It was my birthday in May and of course I celebrated it in WDW. You can get the birthday button at either guest services in the park or at where the times are posted for rides. Once you have the pin on, soooo many people will wish you a happy birthday (even park guests). On the bust ride from OKW (and this was a packed bus to MK) the bus driver announces over the microphone, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! People broke out in song. It was fabulous and added extra magic to my own stay!
Your son will love all the attention!!
Just mention it to the hotel when you check-in and usually a card and balloons will come during your stay (free of charge).
Happy Birthday to you son!!!

Upvote 0

joekardos

not to go too offtopic, but is there anything special for wedding anniversaries?
my parents' anniversary is during our stay, but they set up the whole trip, adrs and all. is there a way to surprise them? thanks.

Upvote 0

Beauty_Belle

I know they have buttons for Anniversary couples. Some restaurants will do small things as well, like a cake or a drink. Just mention it when you check-in for your priority seating. I did that for my parents as well back in Nov.

Upvote 0

EMThompsen

not to go too offtopic, but is there anything special for wedding anniversaries?
my parents' anniversary is during our stay, but they set up the whole trip, adrs and all. is there a way to surprise them? thanks.

Do you know the details of where you're staying & where you'll be dinning?
If you do you might want to call the hotel & restaurants and have them make a note regarding the anniversary.

Upvote 0

ypcat

Like said above, get the birthday buttons. Most parks have different ones so ask for one at each park. MK and MGM's are the same. Not only did we get well wishes, but also some freebies (deserts and such).

Our son turned 3 at WDW a couple years ago, and we did the Family Magic Tour with him. He had a blast and got to ride iasw with Wendy. We also had a meal on his actual birthday at CP. We had mentioned this when we made reservations, and they had the table decorated with confetti and streamers when we arrived. And they brought a cupcake with a candle to blow out at the end...even though we were there for breakfast.

I had also asked at the front desk if we could have a card left for him on his birthday. They asked who his favorite character was and said "no worries, we'll take care of it." When we returned that night, not only was there a card, but also a signed picture of Donald and a big bunch of balloons. Absolutely made his day!

And all this, except for the tour, was free. Happy birthday to your little guy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom