Birthday celebrations

ArtieFufkin

We'll be staying at port orleans when my son is 14. We'd like to do something really special, he's swam with dolphins, had lots of CD experience, etc.
Any unusal suggestions would be welcome

daverube

You can do a search on this site and find out lots of birthday info. The easiest thing to do is to collect the birthday pins from guest services at every park you visit (you aren't limited to the exact birthday date). I took my fiancee for her birthday a couple of years ago....we received lots of fastpasses and a HUGE sundae at the Sci-Fi. Plus, all the CMs say Happy Birthday and whatnot....

Good Luck.

dave

Upvote 0

jenn6786

Re: Birthday

I'm not sure if this is for him, seeing that he is 14. However, if he is in the Disney mood, you can talk to the front desk at your hotel. Tell them about the birthday and they will send a signed card, with a picture of his favorite character and ballons to your room! FREE OF CHARGE! The signed card will be hand written and includes child's name. It's a nice token to remember spending your birthday in Disney!
Have Fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Okay, getting on the birthday bus here. My party and I will be travelling down to WDW from Jan 3-8 and my birthday will be during this trip. Is it tacky to mention this when I am booking? I'm always so jealous of everyone when they mention everything great they did or had happen to them at Disney for their b-day and I want to get the full experience. But on the other hand, I am an adult and don't want to appear a bit crazy:p

What's the proper etiquette on this?

Upvote 0

brkgnews

Okay, getting on the birthday bus here. My party and I will be travelling down to WDW from Jan 3-8 and my birthday will be during this trip. Is it tacky to mention this when I am booking? I'm always so jealous of everyone when they mention everything great they did or had happen to them at Disney for their b-day and I want to get the full experience. But on the other hand, I am an adult and don't want to appear a bit crazy:p

Just casually mention it in passing when you're booking...

Them: So, are you excited about your trip.
You: Oh, yeah -- it's going to be an extra special trip for me since I'll be celebrating my birthday down there.

That should be roughly all it takes. :D (And don't be shy about getting those birthday buttons!)

Upvote 0

FSUgly

If you're tho one making all the preparation's then mentioning it in passing, like suggested above would be fine....OR, get someone to "sneak" over to check-in and tell them when your birthday is. My wife did that to me, and I'm 35. Remember, everyone's a kid again at WDW :p

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Thanks all! I will definitely CASUALLY:animwink: bring it up when booking and then SUBTLY:animwink: mention to my husband that he should make a big deal of it!:lol:

And my goal is to get a button from each park:D

Upvote 0

1sttimerwith4

Another Birthday question ..

My son's birthday is Sept 9th, we are going to WDW the 14th and part of his b-day celebration is the trip.
Would it be ok to tell them at the gate it's his b-day or do you think it's to late??

Upvote 0

Nemo14

My son's birthday is Sept 9th, we are going to WDW the 14th and part of his b-day celebration is the trip.
Would it be ok to tell them at the gate it's his b-day or do you think it's to late??
Just tell them that you're celebrating his birthday (which you are). You'll have no trouble getting birthday pins or whatever. We celebrated my daughter's 21st last May 5 days after her birthday, and it was not a problem at all.

Upvote 0

FSUgly

Just remember....It's Disney. They just celebrated one of their birthdays for 18 months :D

Upvote 0

shari71

Does anyone know the number to request cakes at your table (for a price I know) at restuarants? I lost the paper I had it written on. My daughter turns six on our next trip and I wanted to have a surprise for her while we are there.

Upvote 0

shari71

1-407-DINE does not arrange the birthday cake part. They gave me another number for that. Thanks, I will call and get the number again and post it for everyone.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom