BIG THUNDER REFURB/FP+ QUESTION

Jess G

Original Poster
I will be @ WDW the first week in April and I have been planning around the original thought of Thunder mountain being closed... thank you too @blgauger for bringing a possible change to the refurb dates to my attention I checked a few sites and according to https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/closures# The refurb is no longer when originally planned.

I now see that I am able to make a FP+ for Thunder mountain on April 6th .. My question is: If I am able to make a FP for it, will it definitely be running during my trip?

CAPTAIN HOOK

My question is: If I am able to make a FP for it, will it definitely be running during my trip?
No - Refurbs can and do run over (they also finish earlier than planned). I'd book your FP for something else and get to MK early or be prepared to stand in line.
As an alternative strategy - book the FP for BTMRR and if its still down Disney MAY let you re-assign it to another ride

Weather_Lady

Dagnabbit! The new refurb dates (if the don't change) give us exactly one partial day to ride BTMRR (not incidentally, my family's #1 favorite attraction anywhere).

If I could be absolutely sure that the new dates were right, we'd cancel and reschedule our vacation. (Yes, this may sound like an overreaction, but when you only visit once every 3 years and this is the family's favorite...) I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope they finish up early.

Tuvalu

I now see that I am able to make a FP+ for Thunder mountain on April 6th .. My question is: If I am able to make a FP for it, will it definitely be running during my trip?
BTM will likely be operating if you are able to schedule a FP...however, should Disney change the schedule back to the original refurb start date (April 4), you will be notified that there is a "problem" with your FP and you will be given the option to choose something else (from a limited number of attractions.) This is the procedure used when an attraction has technical issues and temporarily closes. We had a FP for Pirates on Monday and the ride was down; we were given a list of 6 other attractions we could use our FP for any time throughout the remainder of the day.

Jess G

Original Poster
Dagnabbit! The new refurb dates (if the don't change) give us exactly one partial day to ride BTMRR (not incidentally, my family's #1 favorite attraction anywhere).

If I could be absolutely sure that the new dates were right, we'd cancel and reschedule our vacation. (Yes, this may sound like an overreaction, but when you only visit once every 3 years and this is the family's favorite...) I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope they finish up early.

I hope it works out in your favor!!!

Weather_Lady

I hope it works out in your favor!!!
Me, too! I know it's silly to get all worked up over a single attraction, so I really appreciate your humoring me... it may take me a little bit of figurative stamping about, but I will eventually get it in perspective. :)

Jess G

Original Poster
Me, too! I know it's silly to get all worked up over a single attraction, so I really appreciate your humoring me... it may take me a little bit of figurative stamping about, but I will eventually get it in perspective. :)
Lol! I totally understand you! Soarin being closed and mission space being moved to tier 1 in the time being kept me away from Epcot till June lol.
This is a snap shop my TA (and good friend) gave me of the refurbs scheduled from the official Disney travel agent website today.. Looks like nothing is official yet so you can still have hope :)
image.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom