Big Thunder Mountain?

mickeyman65

Original Poster
I have never been to Disneyland but could someone tell me the difference between Big Thunder at WDW and Disneyland? I know at WDW there are two lines to load into trains but is it the same ride on each side or is it different like Space Mountain...

MissM

Differences? Well, the one in Disneyland likes to break down a lot. :lol:

Sorry, that's my attempt at 2am humor. I've actually never been to Disneyland.
-m

xfkirsten

Nope, the two loadng area tracks meet up as you leave the station, so the ride itself is exactly the same. :) As to a difference - well, I've been on both versions many, many times and the differences are so minimal that they seem almost the exact same to me, albeit with a bit different layout. Although I like the town at the end of DL's, that WDW doesn't have... and DL's has a goat at the top of the second lift rather than a ram. :p

-Kirsten

Merlin

Account Suspended
DL's track is a mirror image of WDW's.

The themeing and scenery are more elaborate on the ride itself at WDW and in the queue at DL. WDW has the flooded town of Tumbleweed, which you ride through rather quickly. DL has the little boomtown of Big Thunder, which you see up on the hillside while you're standing in the queue.

At DL, the queue wraps around the outside of the loading area, past mining equipment, the dinosaur, and other scenery and then you climb UP stairs into the loading area. At WDW, you walk up into the loading building, go through some switchbacks, and then climb DOWN stairs to the main loading area.

The trains are slightly longer at WDW (I think).

sissa216

mickeyman65 said:
is it the same ride on each side or is it different like Space Mountain...

on a side note, space mountain's tracks are identical, just mirror images of each other :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom