Biergarten...yea or nay?

geebee721

Original Poster
Making reservations for our trip at the beginning of March...and I made one for Biergarten. I have made a reservation for here every time our last few trips, but always end up cancelling. The atmosphere seems cool, but the food looks eh. Any opinions?

Sage of Time

One of my favorites. Seating is a little awk, but the food is pretty great. And it's all you can eat! Fill up on the schnitzel!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
On my never again list. I loved it as a table service restaurant, the buffet pales.

The menu had real good quality entrees. If you favor all you can eat venues it is the same type of quality and preparation. We really miss this as a Table Service Restaurant. We are not the type of family to fill and stuff ourselves so it has little appeal to us now.

zurgandfriend

We enjoy it as the show is fun and there is something for everyone on the buffet. We don't mind the bench seating as we enjoy meeting and talking to other families at WDW, Penn-Dutch or in Munich at the real Octoberfest.

belledream

The atmosphere and entertainment are winning factors. The food selection isn't huge, but what they have is pretty good in my opinion. Anything with sauerkraut is yummy!

PhilharMagician

Give it a try.

The seating is different in that the table sit 8+. You will most likely be seated with other guests unless you group fill the table. We have met some really nice people siting at our table in the past and really enjoy this part of the experience. The show is fun and there is a dance floor if you are into dancing.

The food is quite good if you have a diverse palette. They do have the typical kids area with pizza and chicken nuggets for those that aren't adventurous with food. Some of my favorites are the wurst salat, pickled red cabbage, veal loaf and sauerbraten.

Just be prepared to yell out:
Zicky Zacky Zicky Zackie Hoi Hoi Hoi :D

Lot of fun. You should try it just once to see what it is like. If you do go please post what you thought of it when you return.

Figaro928

We personally loved it. We are visisting WDW again this year and this is the ONLY restuarant we are repeating. I've heard rumors that the food (just like with any other buffet) becomes a little cold/stale throughout the night so we are having an early-is dinner (5:00)

The kids LOVED the live music and dancing and my husband loved the food. All in all we were happy!

Bairstow

We liked it a lot.
The food wasn't Boma or Ohana amazing, but the pretzyl rolls, spatzl, and various sausages were all a great compliment to the beers I ordered, which was really all I could ask for.

I would say that unless you can get yourself excited to talk/drink with strangers, you probably won't enjoy it as much.

lostpro9het

Pros and Cons time!

Pros:
Food is pretty good
Beer is pretty good
Atmosphere/dining entertainment is tough to beat

Cons:
Price can be a little ridiculous if you are a lite eater
At busy times you can be waiting a bit in line for food.
You are really rolling the dice in who you get seated with, could be 2-6 fun enthusiastic people or 2-6 people you cant wait to get away from (this was the biggest con for us)

We wont be back since the cons outweighed the pros for us. At the end of the day, like most restaurants on property, I think everyone should try it at least once.

Here are a few pics from our trip in September:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...d-africa-trek-pics.890079/page-3#post-6332341

epcot2004

Was there 18 years ago, was very good. The only reason we have not been back is due to places we like better or have not tried yet. Was on our list for next trip but did not make the cut again. When you only do one or two table service per trip (and only eat two meals per day) it is difficult to repeat all that you like.

sgtmgd

We dont hit this every-trip but certainly is a good time, food is "ok" as long as you know what your getting into..the atmosphere is where this place excels, the seating can be awkward depending on who you sit next to..(like seating on a plane ..it can be good or very awkward)

DisneyDebNJ

We dont hit this every-trip but certainly is a good time, food is "ok" as long as you know what your getting into..the atmosphere is where this place excels, the seating can be awkward depending on who you sit next to..(like seating on a plane ..it can be good or very awkward)
This ^^^ We have had people who were seated at our table who were very engaging, where others were either arguing or those who were borderline lit up LOL.

aw14

This is a definite nay for me. The dinner was subpar outside of the excellent ambiance.

The lunch is great

4disneylovers

We were there in August. My family is picky. I liked it a lot the rest had mixed reviews. I thought there was a large variety and good food. My family is just to darn picky!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom