Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

I am thinking about doing the castle package for my 3yr old princess fanatic. The is $175 which seems a lot to spend on a such a young girl, but I know should would absolutely love it. Has anyone done this? Is the money worth the expense? I have a 8 yr old son that is also going. He loves pirates and wondering if there is a priate makeover for boys?:cool:

autumndawn1006

My daughters did the hair and nail package. Sorry, but I can't remember the names of the packages. I think the $175 is a bit pricey, but that's me. There is a great princess room at World of Disney where the Boutique is located. I just let my daughters pick out their own costumes before the trip and get a couple of accessories from WOD to go with it.

The hair styles are wonderful. For my five year old, BBB was the best part of the trip.

There isn't a boy's pirate makeover that I know of, but they'll color and spike the hair. Course they might have added a pirate makeover since Oct.

Upvote 0

RebeccaQ

My son had his hair done at BBB when my daughter went in October - he loved it. His FGiT did a wonderful job with him, asking him all along the way what he liked and how he wanted his hair to look. Tons of people who saw him the rest of the day commented on his hair and he had a great time. He was nearly 8 at the time, so I'm sure quite a range of ages of boys would love this (they have different styles available too). And the kicker - it was only $10!

hope this helps

Rebecca

Upvote 0

Princess Ariel

Original Poster
We were thinking about just getting some dresses before the trip or getting the hair and nail package and purchasing a dress in WOD. Disney Visa cardholders get a discount on a purchase of $25 or more. To bad I can't use the discount at the BBB. Does anyone know what the dresses generally run at WOD?

Upvote 0

ys187

WE came back from our trip a couple of weeks ago. My 5yr old got a CROWN MAKEOVER ($45). It includes hair, nails and makeup. She absolutely loved it and it was well worth the money. There's another package (COACH MAKEOVER) that includes only hair and makeup and costs $35.

When I got to the salon there were a couple of girls getting ready in CASTLE MAKEOVER ($175). They looked absolutely beautiful. The hairstyles for all the packages are the same but the crowns made their hairstyles stand out even more. Seeing them my daugther asked for it too. If we were not flying back home in a couple of hours, I would definately had upgraded to castle makeover. As far as the price goes it is quite a bit of money but if u break up the price u'll not be paying a whole lot extra for the stuff u're getting.

This package includes crown package plus dress, shoes, wand, and a photo package. First consider the cost of crown package $45.Then add to it the price of dress $60, shoes $20, crown and wand $20, and the photo shoot with a photo package $30. You'll end up with a sum of approx. $175. Yes if u wanna bring your own dress, shoes, crown and a wand u'll save some money by getting only the crown makeover and using your accessories. But u'll miss the photo session and the memmories. Also the crowns little girls got with the package were very unique and beautiful. One thing I would like to mention though that the photo session takes place in another building, I don't think too far but u'll have to ask them. So also keep that time in consideration while planning your schedule.
I would suggest if u're getting her this package then do it in the morning of magic kingdom day. That way she can also get pictures with her princesses. Just getting her this package in the evening and going back to the hotel in a couple of hrs is not worth it. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

ys187

We were thinking about just getting some dresses before the trip or getting the hair and nail package and purchasing a dress in WOD. Disney Visa cardholders get a discount on a purchase of $25 or more. To bad I can't use the discount at the BBB. Does anyone know what the dresses generally run at WOD?

Most were $60 and really fancy ones could go upto $80. But the $60 dresses were just as good as $80.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Wish they had this when my girls were younger. :cool:

There have been a few other threads on this subject and I'm sure you could find more info if you do a quick search. :wave:

Upvote 0

minnie2000

We did the $45 package (hair and nails) and I feel this was enough to pay! They really enjoyed it, and already had dress up clothes anyway. We did look in the shop and offered to buy each daughter a princess dress, but they were all to itchy for them, and they both decided to get an Alice dress instead.

I would say, if your daughter already has a princess dress, wear that, and just get the hair and nails. When they are finished they get to keep the little crown in the hair, and also the little pack of makeup and nail polish, also they get a pink sash to keep.

If you are going to do it, do it as early in the day as possible, and maybe try to get lunch with the princesses somewhere.

Although we only had the medium package, not the expensive one, we still had the photo shoot, done a few buildings away. They put the photos on to our photopass, so we had the option to view and buy them when we got home.

Upvote 0

shari71

My daughters have done this twice, but only the hair, makeup and nails both times. The first time I was going to buy them the costume and they complained they were too itchy so I ended up buying them sundresses that could be used over and over again. The last time was in Oct and we were going to MNSSHP that evening. We already had the costumes so they went dressed in them. Neither time did they notice the others girls getting the full package because they were so engrossed in their own experience. It truly is magical and will make you into a paparazzi.

Upvote 0

Goin2dizney

She will LOVE it!

Hi!
I just got back last night and we did the Castle Package. My 5 year old had gotten her first haircut that Monday at Magic Kingdom so Tuesday Morning we did the Package. My 9 year old just did the Hair and nails package and loved it. As for my 5 year old you would think she thought she was Cinderella. She got to pick out which costume she wanted. She got the Sleeping Beauty Costume, the fancy shoes, crown and wand. They let her change into her costume and then they began. After they are done they go down to another building and do a mini photo session of which you get to pick and 8 X 10 and 2 - 4 X 6's which can be different ones. It was cute. She kept casting spells and making wishes all day. People kept stopping her and telling her how cute she looked. It was definitely a GREAT Treat for her.
They get to keep the little pallet of make-up that they use on them as well as the nail polish. It was packed, but all of the little girls had a blast. Photopass is there as well taking pictures during the entire session so not only do you have your pictures, but you have theirs as well. I hope this helps feel free to e-mail with any questions.

Upvote 0

Lightyear

I will add my opinion. It is complete magic. You dont have to spend the nearly two hundred dollars to have fun. We get the $45. package hair nails makeup. I think the she would have as much fun picking out some merchandise at the exit of BBB. The costume dress takes away too much fun at the parks. No matter what package everyone will fuss over your little princess all day.

Upvote 0

shari71

One thing about the photo session - you get photo prints with the $175 version, but you can also go over there for the photo session without the expensive package and have the photos saved to you PhotoPass. We did this and the girls had blast acting like princesses for the camera. We ended up getting all of our photos on CD so we have all the pictures from the photo session on there as well.

Upvote 0

Princess Ariel

Original Poster
I know that we will be doing at leat the $45 for DD and me and the $10 hair for DS, but I am leaning toward doing the Castle Package for my DD. I have been reading past threads and many say that it is worth the $175 because of the high quality of the dresses. Most people say that they get at least two years of wear out of them. My DD wears her dresses all the time. I mean everywhere! We live in a national park and she plays in our yard all the time dressed up. The cheaper dresses from Wlamart do not hold and I am always have to sew the seams back together. Her costumes come apart from the seams. I found a nice cinderella costume on the Disney Store website. Does anyone know if the quality is the same at the DS as BBB?:veryconfu

Upvote 0

ELopez

While we're on the subject - Is the hair (after BBB) difficult to brush/wash out? The little girls always look pretty, but their hair looks "sticky". Just wondering.

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
We went and did the hair and makeup package. It was a complete surprise. We bought Kiersten a dress at the Disney Store and wrapped it up. The morning of the BBB experience we gave her the present with a special "royal" invitation to the bbb. She got dress and we headed over.

So for the dress, shoes, and crown we spent 50.00 (purchased at the disney store), and 35.00 at the BBB for hair and makeup. Doing it this way saved us about 95.00. Well worth it and just as special.

On a side note about quality: I make children's clothes, and I personally think that the dresses are incredibly overpriced for what they are. I have heard that the dresses don't last (at the seams), and I have talked to many who claim to have dresses 3 years old that are "still going". We ended up buying the Jasmine costume last year, and within a few weeks, all the gold medalions were off. The dresses are pretty, but not really 60+ pretty (in my opinion only):lookaroun . I think the ones at Walmart can be just as nice for 1/3 of the price, you will, however, probably be restiching seams hear and there. Lastly, the dresses do seem to be pretty itchy. I heard lots of little girls during my trips to WDW complaining. I would bring something to wear underneath.

No matter what you decide to do, have fun. That is what WDW is all about. The magic and fun!!:D

Upvote 0

bemusing

We did the castle package for my 4 year old last October before the princess dinner at Akershus (see avatar!). She absolutely loved it! It is a much higher quality dress than the ones you will get at say Target or similar, but it is still not super high quality. I was willing to pay for the whole deal because we used it as her halloween costume a few days later. She truly felt like a princess and people complimented her all day. They make a little production in presenting them with the dress, shoes, wand and crown taking them into a "royal dressing chamber" where they have it all laid out and ready. I really feel like it was worth the splurge at least one time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom