Better Strategy Genie+ vs Individual Lightening Lane

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Question for folks that know this system better than I do, which is to say most folks! If I am only going to spend money on one or the other for the day, what would you suggest. In this hypothetical lets use DHS. Should I spend the money to reserve Rise, and then just standby other rides for the day, or is it better to spend money on the Geneie Plus and skip a few of those stand bys and then just stand by for Rise?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Due to the limited number of attractions I would guess Genie+ would have limited availability in this park except for shows. I would probably opt for the ILL myself.
Thats kind of what I was thinking too. I seem to read a lot of reports of people paying for Genie+ then not really being able to use it for the rides they would want to. I know me, and I would be pretty steamed if I paid for that then still had to wait in all the lines to ride Slinky and Runaway Railroad.

puckett26

ILL for sure. As I suggested in another thread, utilize the Touring Plans app. It provides expected wait times and will allow you to maximize your day. For example, we visited HS last December and waited in the stand by line for MMRR at 4 PM (high crowds). Posted wait was 60 min but the app said expected wait was 25 min. I believe the actual wait time was closer to 22 minutes. It will save you time and money and also gives a graph of expected wait times throughout the day for each attraction so you can plan a "real time" touring plan. Or for the low, low price of $15 per guest, you can (potentially) buy your party an extra spin on some of the popular attractions during totally random time intervals based on availability......

And don't forget to get in line for a popular attraction roughly 5 minutes before park close. Wait times will be inflated but CMs work at record speed to close the attraction and end their day.

lukacseven

We did both for DHS (only 2 adults). First did the ILL for ROTR, then made G+ for MFSR and TOT. We got there at rope drop (early entry for resort guests) and went straight to MMRR and did stand-by (about 2 minute wait). Were able to do G+ later in the day for TSMM, because all the SDD were sold out. Then TOT and slinky both went down due to technical difficulties. I didn't mind paying the $30, but I could see for larger groups where G+ may not be worth it for DHS. We also planned on only staying at the park until late afternoon. If you don't mind waiting in stand-by and plan to stay in the park open-to-close, then G+ probably not worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom