Best Western Movieland

Number_6

I haven't stayed at that one, but after a recent stay at a Best Western in which I had a horrible experience and am out at least $300 because of. The auto-unlock safety feature on the bathroom door failed to disengage the lock so we ended up locked out of the bathroom in the hotel room. In order to get the door opened back up since it was after 11PM and all the maintenance people had gone home for the night, I had to get a locksmith for $125 which I am not being reimbursed for. And since the manager decided to treat me like crap, I checked out two nights early, which I am also not being reimbursed for. Because of all that, I refuse to give Best Western any business whatsoever anymore and do my best to have other people not go to them. And before you ask, I did contact Best Western corporate and they will not interfere with member hotels decisions on if they will reimburse someone. They cannot order them to do so, only ask what the reason they won't is and accept the word of the hotel management. Even if they lie like the management at the one I stayed at did.

Who know? The one you're asking about could be one of the greatest hotels in Orlando for all I know. But really, even if it was, I'd spend a night in my car before I would spend a night in another Best Western.

orangebreezer

Cheap and cheerful
I stayed here two years ago, good location and clean. Pool was a bit crappy but to be honest when wet and wild is right across the road who needs the hotel pool :shrug:
If you are only using the room to sleep in then it will be fine, if you plan on spending a lot of time there I would look at something a bit higher rated :)

grunter

I stayed 2 nights at the Best Western Movieland in late February of this year.

I'll be honest. I'm a big guy - 6', 250 lbs, not a stranger to the gym - and I felt unsafe in a ground floor room, just feet off the side door entrance. The outer doors to the hotel DO NOT LOCK. Unless there was some serious maintenance to the building since I visited, you could simply pull open the outer door with a quick tug. The walls are paper thin and it being a strangely cold February, I got a constant draft underneath the door. There was not much hotel security. Support staff barely spoke English and l constantly marveled at just how easily it would have been to pull open a side door, talk-mime one's way into a room that was in the process of being cleaned and make off with whatever the hapless tourist had left inside. I wound up keeping my suitcase in my car when I would travel during the two days at this hotel.

The hotel is minimally themed - essentially with nothing better than little framed posters in the hallways. Half of the television channels were in Korean and the remainder were either continuous loop vacation pitches or just unwatchable due to the poor signal splitting wiring to the television.

That particular stretch of International Drive is fairly "skeezy" - if you know what I mean. Especially late in the evening. Nothing but cheap cookie-cutter tourist trap, $.99 Disney knock-off t-shirt shops for blocks and blocks. The closer you get to Sand Hill Road and the higher priced resorts on that end of the Drive, the better the neighborhood gets. Yes, there's still a lot of roadside attraction junk - but the closer to the Orange County Convention Center you stay, the safer you will feel.

Philo

I stayed 2 nights at the Best Western Movieland in late February of this year.

I'll be honest. I'm a big guy - 6', 250 lbs, not a stranger to the gym - and I felt unsafe in a ground floor room, just feet off the side door entrance. The outer doors to the hotel DO NOT LOCK. Unless there was some serious maintenance to the building since I visited, you could simply pull open the outer door with a quick tug. The walls are paper thin and it being a strangely cold February, I got a constant draft underneath the door. There was not much hotel security. Support staff barely spoke English and l constantly marveled at just how easily it would have been to pull open a side door, talk-mime one's way into a room that was in the process of being cleaned and make off with whatever the hapless tourist had left inside. I wound up keeping my suitcase in my car when I would travel during the two days at this hotel.

The hotel is minimally themed - essentially with nothing better than little framed posters in the hallways. Half of the television channels were in Korean and the remainder were either continuous loop vacation pitches or just unwatchable due to the poor signal splitting wiring to the television.

That particular stretch of International Drive is fairly "skeezy" - if you know what I mean. Especially late in the evening. Nothing but cheap cookie-cutter tourist trap, $.99 Disney knock-off t-shirt shops for blocks and blocks. The closer you get to Sand Hill Road and the higher priced resorts on that end of the Drive, the better the neighborhood gets. Yes, there's still a lot of roadside attraction junk - but the closer to the Orange County Convention Center you stay, the safer you will feel.

I pretty much agree with that. I didn't actually stay at that hotel but I did stay in one about 0.5mile south of it. Alot of hotels round there didn't look too bad but they definatly got better the further south you went.

Is there any reason why you want to stay there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom