Best value at Universal?

addacollier

Original Poster
Hi all,

For my next trip, I’m thinking of doing a week at WDW (Hotel & parks) and a few days outside doing Universal; but I’ve not been there for a few years. My question is what’s the best value ticket when visiting Universal? Is it a multi day pass offering all 3 parks? Or is it worth considering a hotel/park package? Any thoughts?

BubbaQuest

Hi all,

For my next trip, I’m thinking of doing a week at WDW (Hotel & parks) and a few days outside doing Universal; but I’ve not been there for a few years. My question is what’s the best value ticket when visiting Universal? Is it a multi day pass offering all 3 parks? Or is it worth considering a hotel/park package? Any thoughts?

It really depends on what you are looking for and when you plan to go.

If you plan to go when it is busy, the high end hotels (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Portfino) can offer a better overall value than purchasing Express Passes separately. If it won't be busy or front-of-line access isn't a high priority, then I'd probably focus on cost vs features of the various hotels.

You only need a park hopper if you want to ride Hogwarts Express. Fun, but not necessary unless you must do everything involving Potter.

Something to keep in mind is you don't have to book the hotel and park tickets together to get the hotel benefit. For example, all Uni hotels offer early park admission. You just have to show your hotel card for this benefit, so you can purchase your park tickets and hotel separately. Feel free to shop around.

Hope this helps.

Rob562

Volcano Bay can easily take up a full day. If you think you'll spend a day there, make sure to compare a 3-park ticket's price vs a 2-park ticket with one fewer days plus a 1-day VB ticket.

Unfortunately you've missed out on their buy-2-days-get-3-extra-days-free ticket promo. But as Star Wars opens at WDW, perhaps new Universal ticket offers will come out.

Also consider Passholder hotel discounts. For our upcoming trip for Halloween Horror Nights, we're only paying $119/night for two of the four nights at Sapphire Falls ($159/night the Friday and Saturday nights). You only need one person in the room to have an AP. The Seasonal ticket gets you these hotel rates, and aren't much more than a regular ticket. Just be aware that it has the most blockout dates.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom