Best trip-planning website

zeedan

I've read through what I could locate on WDW trip-planning and found a few websites that other have used, but some of the posts are a few years old. I'm wondering what others think are the best websites to help in planning. (I've also seen some websites listed as "******.com" and some comments about websites that aren't to be mentioned..?? - is there a website that is frowned upon?)

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
WDW Prep School is a good one. If you like podcasts then you should listen to the Be Our Guest Podcast, its a great for trip planning

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I've used the webpages here on WDWMagic, Allears, and the TouringPlans website. All are kept very up to date and are easy to use but I haven't used the subscription part of TouringPlans yet.

My top 3 as well.... you can get everything you need to have a successful trip. But I do look at the many others just to see their approach to Disney. The many other sites have similar tips and advice dressed up differently in varying formats. I look to see if I'll hit upon something original that I didnt think of or see before... but never have found any others as useful as the top 3.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Just remember to parse carefully what you're reading on other sites. Some sites are overwrought with pixie dust and brook no dissent from the "Disney Is Wonderful" party line by their posters, so you're less likely to see any warnings about negative experience potential.

You can't use this site as a comparison, for the mods here tolerate much more dissent than do some of the other sites out there.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

The ones recommended above are all terrific, with touringplans being my personal favorite for hardcore planning, because I'm an OCD overplanner, and touringplans allows me to research every detail to my heart's content. (I am a subscriber -- it's cheap -- so I have access to the full site.)

I use touringplans' Crowd Calendar to plan visit dates, and I use its Personalized Touring Plan feature to make plans for each day that include my dining reservations and FP+. I keep a Crowd Tracker going for my dates so I'm alerted to changes in crowd projections, hours and EMH. I can virtually check out the views from hotel rooms in my room category via the Resort Room Finder, and formulate a room request fax (which may or may not help, but why not?). I can get an up-to-date listing of closures and refurbishments that might affect my stay. I can research restaurants, view menus and even search for specific dishes using the Menu Search tool, and if there's a dining reservation I couldn't get the first time around, I can set up a Reservation Finder search that will alert me if the place/time I'm looking for becomes available (but then I have to click through as quickly as possible to score the reservation before someone else does). In the past, I've found touringplans' crowd and wait time projections to be pretty on point. My touringplans subscription (I also subscribe to its Universal and Disneyland planning services) has been, for me, a few dollars VERY well spent!

Upvote 0

Herdman

The ones recommended above are all terrific, with touringplans being my personal favorite for hardcore planning, because I'm an OCD overplanner, and touringplans allows me to research every detail to my heart's content. (I am a subscriber -- it's cheap -- so I have access to the full site.)

I use touringplans' Crowd Calendar to plan visit dates, and I use its Personalized Touring Plan feature to make plans for each day that include my dining reservations and FP+. I keep a Crowd Tracker going for my dates so I'm alerted to changes in crowd projections, hours and EMH. I can virtually check out the views from hotel rooms in my room category via the Resort Room Finder, and formulate a room request fax (which may or may not help, but why not?). I can get an up-to-date listing of closures and refurbishments that might affect my stay. I can research restaurants, view menus and even search for specific dishes using the Menu Search tool, and if there's a dining reservation I couldn't get the first time around, I can set up a Reservation Finder search that will alert me if the place/time I'm looking for becomes available (but then I have to click through as quickly as possible to score the reservation before someone else does). In the past, I've found touringplans' crowd and wait time projections to be pretty on point. My touringplans subscription (I also subscribe to its Universal and Disneyland planning services) has been, for me, a few dollars VERY well spent!

I think you may be a long lost sister I never knew I had...hahahahaha

Upvote 0

JohnD

My favorites:
Simliar to Voldemort, there is a planning website that shall not be named. But it's about "news" "today" at "WDW".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DisneyOutsider

I'll give a shoutout to Disneytouristblog.com

Tom is very clear and objective in his analysis and is constantly updating articles on different experiences and touring strategies at WDW. Also good for looking up restaurant reviews at WDW

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom