best time to go?

Misskitten

we're planning to go in August. but now I've been thinking September may be better. dh thinks that in Sept. the park hours will be shorter and we won't be able to see everything (and he's afraid he might miss something). I think it will be less crowded in Sept. and we'll be able to see more.

advice? suggestions?

maureen ashton

We went in 2000 the last week of September and it was wonderful. Most rides we only had to wait about 5 to 10 mins. If the wait was longer than that we found another attraction to take in and came back to that one. The WDW transportation was not over crowded, I beleive we always had a seat. Typhoon Lagoon, our first time there, was pleasant, lots of space and the lazy river was comfortable, not a lot of people bumping into you. I would definitely wait until September rather than August. We have been in late November, May and October and September was the least busy. We can't remember how May was as it was our very first trip to WDW some years ago, but will find out in 3 weeks again.

Upvote 0

sabian

I have been in september. the crowd is smaller than the summer, considerably. However, you may be surprised at the crowd that will be there. Disney World has become such a popular destination that off season small crowds are no longer so small.However, In my experience the smallest crowds and the most beautiful time to go is in December between thanksgiving and Christmas. As far as the shorter times the park is open, You would be amazed at how much more you can do and see in the off season. Eventhough the parks are open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the offseason, You will get more done than you can in the summer because the crowds are smaller. The average line wait in the off season, in my experience, is 30 minutes, and that is being overly generous. The times my wife and i have gone in the ofseason, we have, many times, been able to walk right onto most attractions. The only attractions, i find, that stay crowded year-round are splash mountain, big thunder mountain, space mountain, You know, all the major thrill attractions. However, even their lines are considerably shorter. Go in the offseason, definitely, After Thanksgiving and before Christmas, if possible.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom