Best Time of Year to Visit

funguy62384

In my opinion, the best time to visit WDW is mid January. Everytime that I have went during January, there seemed to be no crowds. Wait times were mininiscle. Of course there will be some people there, its Walt Disney World! However, less people are there during January than any other times of the year.

On NON related Disney Issues, I believe that everybody should check out Revenge of the Mummy. Its the best ride in Orlando period! (Sorry Disney, but it is at UNIVERSAL). However, I believe that Expedition Everest will surpass it by far!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The Mummy is a good ride, but suffers from the old use of an existing building syndrome. Oh and its a bit short.

As for the best time to go anytime

From choice - May for Star Wars weekends & Garden festival

- Oct for Halloween & Food and Wine Festival (though high chance of attraction rehabs)

Upvote 0

kellydisney

September - November, it's still hot enough for water parks but cool enough to last the entire day if you wanted to without a dip in the pool and a second shower.

Upvote 0

brich

Not sure the best time but we really enjoy early December. Trying October this year... :sohappy:

I'm sure this could easily become a bash Universal thread but I'll comment anyway. I still think Spiderman is the best all around ride I've been on. My opinion. And I absolutely loved the Mummy. Saw no problems at all with it. Ok, maybe a tad short, but the ride experience was just great. Again, my opinion. But on the flip side, I don't think we're going to Universal this trip. We have 10 days in Disney and yet we can't justify a day at Universal. Would rather spend the money at WDW. Love Spiderman and Mummy yet I'm not going to Universal to ride them this trip... You draw your own conclusions... :D

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

May is a great time with the F&G festival like was said above. The weather is good, warm but not too hot and the crowds not large at all. It starts to get crowded on the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend. I also love the beginning of December too, weather is usually cool and all the decorations are up and lots of different things to do and see.

I think Spiderman and MIB are great. I also love the Shrek 3D, the way they make the chair move to coordinate with them riding in a wagon is neat. I haven't been there to ride the Mummy yet.

Upvote 0

tinks

We went aug 28th thru sept 4th, it was our first trip ever. It was SOOOO hot and humid. i knew it would be hot but WOW:eek: . We had a great time, but the heat and humidity made it hard to enjoy. If you can deal with the heat, the crowds werent bad at all. we were thinking of doing another trip in feb, anyone know if thats a good time?

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

Honestly, I think going at anytime is a good time, but the best time is a tie in my book. I think going at Christmas time is so much fun because of all the decorations and it just makes the season feel even more magical, but the crowds can be a bit much at times around then. So, I agree with you that January is the best time to go, which is why thats when my next trip is planned! :D

Upvote 0

2hrs2wdw

Hi everyone, I've been reading the forums for a while, but this is my first post. February can be a great time of year as far as weather goes, but can be crowded due to school vacations...My favorite time is early December, the parks are dressed for Christmas and the crowds are some of the lowest of the year..The perfect combination for a great Disney trip..

Upvote 0

Sharired1210

This year we went January 3-10 for our honeymoon. It was very nice until the Disney Marathon started. It was extremely crowded those couple of days. Question. We are thinking about going for our anniversary Jan 1-6. Are those first couple of days of January still crowded from New Year's travelers? Thanks!

Upvote 0

amy71pooh

Early January!?!

We went in mid-Jan. of 2001 and the 1st of Jan. 2004 and I will NEVER go back anywhere near New Years and Christmas! If I am going to go during the value season, I want it to seem that way and there are still ALOT of people left over from Christmas the first week of Jan. We were practically ALONE the mid. of Jan. and we plan to return Jan. 14th-Jan. 21st of 2006. It is cool most of the time during any trip in Jan. but definitely not unbearable like the heat is. The pools are all heated on the DW resort prop. and one of the water parks is open.
(I personally couldn't stand it but to each his own!?!) I have been to DW many times at all different times of year and I think that mid. Jan. through the first 2 weeks of Feb. is the PERFECT time to go. I hope that no one reads this and changes their plans to go then!!!! Just Kidding! Have a great trip and God Bless!

Upvote 0

Nansafan

I've been in late-September/early October, all 3 summer months and at Christmas. The least crowded was the Sept/Oct. honeymoon trip but the drawback was that the parks closed earlier 7:00 PM and they only had the fireworks on the weekend, not mid-week. Christmas was crowded. We've been twice at Christmas and the weather was different both times, 70's-80's during the day one trip and 50's at night and the other trip it was 60's pretty much the whole time. The parks are gorgeous at Christmas time and it is a wonderful time to tour the resorts (GF gingerbread house is awesome). During the summer it is crowded, hot and humid. None of which I mind. You are in Disney anytime is great but if you have problems with crowds I would avoid Christmas, summer and spring break/Easter vacation.

Upvote 0

jeffs10

For the past 7 years i have gone to wdw the weekend after labor day. around sept 9-18.

School just started everyone vactioned on labor day weekend. I have never waited more then 20min for a ride in the past 7 years. Maybe even less mostly walk ons. Never had to worry about P S at any place to eat except this year because of the free dinning plan. But P S is so much better even if there is no wait ( Figured this out only in the last 2 years) .

But i say anytime of the years at wdw is better then work.

Jeff

Upvote 0

pacochran

The last two time we went in October and we found October great. The first time there were hardly any waits, in fact a couple of times we road rides two times in a row. Last year we went in October but over the Colombus day weekend, and it was more crowded, but not as bad as I have heard.

This year we are going Dec 1-8th, 62 days and counting, as we want to see the lights and decorations, but have heard the couple of weeks after Thanksgiving is good to go. Our only little concern is that week the Pop Warner Superbowl is being held and not to sure what that is going to do to the parks.

Depending on what happens in December, I think we might go back to October because we've liked it so much.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom