Best Splash Mountain?

Best ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Which Splash Mountain ride is the best?

Anaheim:
Today in Disney History: Splash Mountain Opened at Disneyland Park in 1989  | Disney Parks Blog

Orlando:
Splash Mountain - Magic Kingdom | One of the best rides at D… | Flickr

Tokyo:
Splash Mountain night from rocks TDL | Andrew Long | Flickr

PiratesMansion

Tokyo is the definitive version of the attraction. Now if only they'd go back to the old lap bars and seating configuration from 10 years ago (not that those were anything great, but the pictures and reports of the new individual lap bars and tiny seats don't look promising to me...).

The WDW version, for me, is the best compromise of ride quality and comparative comfort.

But it's really kind of sad that Splash is one of the only attractions that seemed to definitively get better each time they built it.

BasiltheBatLord

The biggest shortcomings with Tokyo's version is that "How Do You Do" is shortened and the Laughing Place scene (after the indoor drop) is significantly sparser than the other two versions. Also this is a small thing but the "million dollar bunny" is placed at a weird viewing angle and so the arm that carries it is extremely apparent when you look at it. It makes up for it by actually working consistently for every log though.

Jabeth

I have a major bias but it's Disneyland for me. Nothing beats the original animatronics from America Sings!! In many ways it feels like Marc Davis' last attraction since he designed the characters for America Sings and Song of the South (although he didn't personally work on the ride and had a distain for it)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom