Best snacks available using Dining plan

Kathyjacks78

Original Poster
We are planning a trip for April and it has been several years since our last trip to Disney World and the dining plan has changed a lot since 2006. Last time we were there we loaded up on snacks (we had all of our snack credits left over on our last day)on the way out of the parks. We got the usual fare of rice crispy treats and cookies and had them on the way home as well as for days after we arrived home. Now I see people getting cinnamon rolls and other (better) treats, even utilizing that snack credit as breakfast. I have heard people say the best uses of snack credits are in Epcot. I'm just wondering what are some of the best snacks you have found that accept Disney dining plan snack credits. I also missed Dole Whips last trip and I was there 10 days lol. I have no idea how but I never saw them. That is obviously something I want to try this trip. Where are they offered?

Weather_Lady

If you are there in April, you can also make use of your snack credits at Flower & Garden Festival booths at World Showcase in Epcot. Check the disneyfoodblog shortly before you go -- they typically have menus and reviews for all of the booths' items, and will tell you which ones are available for a snack credit.

In addition to the Dole Whips and citrus swirls (I second @Tuvalu's recommendation), jalapeno cheese and/or cream cheese-stuffed pretzels are offered a couple of different places (including the Hans and Block booth next to the American Adventure pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase), and are really good.

Tom 55

I like using them for pretzels. They are carts in all the parks selling those. What is considered a snack has a snack symbol near the price and don't be afraid to as CMs.

crispy

If you are there during one of the festivals, using the snacks at the food booths are great because they can be expensive. I also like using mine for cupcakes because, well, CUPCAKES!

yedliW

I am not a fan of the Mickey pretzels, every time I get one, it is hard. I prefer the jalapeno pretzels, they are a good choice.

Things I usually go for are the Dole Whip float, Cinnamon rolls (at Gaston's), and Mickey ice cream sandwiches. One thing I just discovered on our last trip was the roasted corn at that little market in Liberty Square. My wife is a big fan of the frozen Cokes.

I am always afraid we are going to run out of snack credits, so I am over conservative when it comes to using them, until the last day, when we are checking out of the resort, and splurge on stuff at the gift shop on the way out..

Kathyjacks78

Original Poster
I second the "Big as your face" Ice Cream Cookie sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow. And of course a Dole Whip Float. I also liked the big Mickey Pretzel in Germany.
Sleepy Hollow does not accept dining plan credits (that's what it says anyway on disneyworld.com) so unfortunately you have to pay for those out of pocket instead of using snack credits. I'm still going to try one though! I hope to fit it in between Aloha Isles Dole Whip, Karamelle-Kuch's fudge, Starring Roles cupcakes, and Gaston's cinnamon rolls. Yes I'm determined to at least taste each one and can you believe I'm a low carber lol. Disney world will be sugar overload for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom