Best Restaurant for Character Breakfast

Monicka Butzin

Original Poster
My son has been to Disney every year since he was born but we had never done this experience. Now that he's turning 6 and is really excited about our trip to Orlando, my husband and I want to do a character breakfast. Is there a certain restaurant that's the best?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

HouCuseChickie

1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, and Chef Mickey's are my top 3. We've also really enjoyed CRT breakfast and Hollywood & Vine breakfast, but I'm thinking he's probably not looking for a princess meal and at 6, Playhouse Disney may be a bit too juvenile. I'm mixed on Cape May and 'Ohana for breakfast, Akershus was just OK, and we had the misfortune of having a really bad experience with Tusker- so I can't push any of those, even though I know experiences can vary - often greatly.

luv

IMO, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's are best...but I never ate in the castle, so that might be better for all I know.

I do Crystal Palace on MK days, but I schedule it late so that I can run around like a lunatic riding Space, Splash and Jungle Cruise (or Dumbo, Pooh and Peter Pan, with a young one) first. The restaurant is so pretty. I think if it weren't so loud and busy, it would be my favorite restaurant for atmosphere. And that Puffed French Toast on the kids table?! Yum! (Not French toast at all, more like tasty fried dough, but so good.)

Chef Mickey's is at the Contemporary and would suck more time out of a vacation than you might want to waste. It also has a more hectic feel to it, even though it really isn't more hectic. But it has Mickey.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Cape May was great, moreso than Crystal Palace in my opinion.
Chef Mickey's is a zoo!
1900 Park Fare is lovely. Strawberry soup. Need I say more?
I don't think 6 is too old for CRT. As a young prince, he will get tons of attention from the beautiful princesses. When I was there in November with my niece, there were a couple of young boys there that were absolutely enthralled with the pretty girls.
As a boy, he might also enjoy Lilo and Stitch at 'Ohana.

luv

Rearding the 8:05 Crystal Palace breakfast...

If things are running slowly at the Crystal Palace, you may not be able to see all the characters before the park actually opens. This forces you to choose between seeing the characters you are there to see and taking advantage of the short morning lines.

I know 100 people will say they did the 8:05 breakfast, saw all the characters and were done before 9:00 and I know they won't be lying. But it does happen sometimes. Just a heads up there. :)

DisneyDebNJ

Depends what characters you're looking for, but the best character interaction I have ever had was at Chef Mickey's. (Gotta love the Fab 5!!!!) Crystal Palace's food is a wee bit better than Chef Mickey's though, but Pooh and Friends are there, not the Fab 5. Figgy is right, an early breakfast at CP the park will be close to empty!

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and 1900 Park Fare are family favorites for us. We have Chef Mickey's in the schedule for this June. As mentioned above, character preferences are probably the mos important decision, as much of the food is the same at all locations. Akershus is also very popular as an alternative to CRT.

littleroo

We are huge Garden Grill fans!! The boys get to see Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale and still have awesome food!! I highly recommend it!

taz0162

Tusker House had a really good breakfast at Animal Kingdom. Plus you can get a reservation for an hour before the park opens and be done eating to walk right on either the Safari or Everest.

Same goes for Crystal Palance but I think that Tusker House had a better selection of foods.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom