Best Restaurant at Dineyland/California Adventures

JaSnake16

How about Granville's Steakhouse in the DL Hotel. I ate there 3 years ago and loved it, im heading back in July. Is it still worth it. The quality I hope hasn't slacked off as in some WDW resturants I hope.

DCA Fan

Napa Rose if you don't mind the expense...
Blue Bayou
French Market for bread bowls and mint juleps
Character dining of some sort, Ariel's Grotto I hear is good, haven't been there myself.

bryon1

For lunch...Its got to be Yamabukis at Paradise Pier hotel with the Crunchy Roll..Its just Shrimp and rice rolled with a crunchy layer on top!! about $9.00

Dinner...I really like the pressure cooked chicken at Plaza Inn. Its better than Knotts IMO. Blue Bayou is nice and RESERVATIONS ARE STONGLY SUGGESTED (just do it morning of) and alittle pricey but try the Root Beer Pork Chops:) Rancho del Zolocoworks well because they serve the old Casa Mexicana and Bight Thunder Ranch BBQ in the same building.

Disneyland has alot of buffetera style serving (which I prefer)vs. WDW with quick serve and nicer sit down dinning

AT DCA dinning options are few...Its more mid range amounts of food (not entire meals) with now only one sit down dinning and thats Taste Pilots Grill..Still thats like eating at the resturant next to Star Tours at MGM.

As for snacks...The best soft serve icecream is at Catch a Flave near screamin.

As for DTD there are multiple options like the Jazz Kitchen by Ralph Brennan (there only store outside of New Orleans I think) & ESPN zone

KICKYPANTS

Goofy's Breakfast was by far the best. They actually had many healthy choices as well, and tons of characters.
We never started the day without our Jamba Juice (downtown disney)....they are healthy, delicious and very filling. We found the bakery in Downtown disney to be absolutely disgusting and expensive....no wonder people were eating donuts for breakfast!
There was a little mediterranean counter/pizzaria in downtown disney too where we had great salads, lasagnas, etc.
As for h2o...my hubby made a couple of treks to the 7-11 with his backpack and loaded up with water for our room..(we stayed at Disney hotel).
Spend some time at the Rainforest...but don't eat there.
As for accomodations....I highly recommend the Howard Johnson off site. We found the DL hotel desk people to be very cold and robotic (and we're not picky...just Canadian!!!)
Have an awesome time!

MainSt1993

Napa Rose and Blue Bayou are my favorites! Nothing really can compare at the resort for service, quality, and ambiance.

Here's what the Zagat guide has to say about Napa Rose:

“The Rose has no thorns” at this “un-Disney”, “beautiful Craftsman-style” Californian set “amid the hubbub” of Anaheim’s “Mouse empire” in the Grand Californian Hotel; “master” chef Andrew Sutton’s “kitchen shines”, turning out “Napa Valley–quality” “culinary creations”, while “charming” GM-sommelier Michael Jordan offers “remarkable assistance selecting wine” from the “outstanding list”; sure, you “may sit next to the ubiquitous tourist family”, but few mind because “this place rocks” (“ears to you” is the decisive kudo) for “special evenings.”

Ratings (out of a total of 30 points)

Food: 26
Decore: 25
Service: 26
Cost: $56

If you're unfamiliar with Zagat, the points are compiled by reviews from their readers and averaged, and these scores are amongst the highest (26-30 mean extraordinary to perfection). Cost is reflective of an entree, drink, and tip.

JackSkellington

For food, theme and just plain coolness the Blue Bayou is my choice. We went for a 2ish lunch and it was great. We sat back and just relaxed. Its so calm and sometimes quiet, depending on the time. I had never been there before last year when we went and I had a blast.
Also another great restraunt I suggest in New Orleans Square is a small place directly across from the Haunted Mansion. I dont know the name but they had the best clam chowder in a bread bowl I have had. They also had shredded meat subs which were excellent. And since we were there during the christmas holiday they had circular cheesecake with black icing to look like Jack Skellington's face. The food was excellent. Now the dining area consisted of tables outside wherever you wanted to sit. But looking across at the mansion while eating and listening to birds and the background music was enchanting. Its a great place to sit back and relax. Granted you have to serve yourself the food is good, pricing was fair, and the atmosphere for us was quite lovely. (and it was raining hard when we ate there) And the mint julips never run dry with their drink fountain. w00t

netenyahoo

I know I'm in the minority, but I really didn't like the Monte Cristo...

I have had it at the Blue Bayou and just recently at Cafe Orleans. I have to agree that the hype is better than the taste. It is way too much grease for me and I will not be getting it again. I wouldn't mind like a half sandwich, but the 4 big pieces is just way too much. I felt like I needed a salad after I ate it to clean me out. They need to have one sandwich, not 2 and have a salad or other side with it.

JackSkellington

I forgot to give a shout out for Goofy's Kitchen. I am 20 and I had a blast there. The food was GREAT!!! And I had fun with all the characters there. Take a look at my profile pic. lol. But eriously its family friendly and the food is excellent. Another fun and relaxing place to eat is the rainforest cafe. I will say the food is NOT as good as some of the other places recommended but the atmoshpere is amazing, quite amazing. Ask to sit on the top level if you do decide to go. The food is American and the quality is ok, not bad not great. If you really want a good burger ask directions to the nearest In-N-Out burger. But you can sit back in the AC and relax while you are there.

3IAlienKid

The Blue Bayou kitchen was refurbushed at the same time POTC was down to add Jack Sparrow. The menu was changed, and former DLR president Matt Ouimet was bragging about how the BB was going to be the best restaurant at any Disney theme park worldwide. Period. While that may have been a bit of a stretch, his intentions for this restaurant were clear, and most reviews of it's July '06 reopening have been extremely positive. Of course the prices are higher, but the food has been vastly improved upon. So if you already liked BB, you will likely enjoy it more. The concensus is that the former quality of BB's food is now to be found at the newly refurbished Cafe Orleans.

I will say that the Napa Rose is one of the best restaurants anywhere in Southern California, Disney or non-Disney. I've yet to read anything negative about this place.

I also have to say that Catal's is highly underrated. We've loved our entrees both times we went, and everyone at our table were surprised at the quality of their dishes. It's such a classy looking restaurant from the inside that it's almost a shame that mingled within the trendy yuppies out for a night on the town after a long day at the office, there are the rest of us dressed in tank tops, shorts, and flip flops.

3IAlienKid

We also absolutely love Storyteller's Cafe for their breakfast buffet. It's definitely a highlight for us. If we're budgeting however, we also like breakfast at River Belle Terrace. It's nothing fancy, just cafeteria style breakfast, but we love eating outside looking out at the view of the Rivers of America. At that point in the day, it's still early and not too crowded, we can see from our table several rides we want to go on (Splash, POTC, HM, BTMM), and it really helps build our anticipation for the upcoming day ahead.

crazycalf

I liked Carnation Cafe in DL park. It was a nice quick and inexpensive sit down resturant on Main street.

Napa Rose was probably the best resturant that we ate at.

isitingood

I love Goofy's Kitchen, the characters actually interact with the kids. It is the best character breakfast by far even better then anything WDW has:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom