Best reasonable resort table service?

rufio

Original Poster
I have 10 people that currently have reservations at Rainforest Cafe. It's basically the rehearsal dinner for my wedding, but with the refurb (and even maybe without) I'm thinking about switching. My parents don't have a ton of money to spend on dinner, so if I switch, I'd like to keep the price at or below the range of Rainforest Cafe. It would have to be a resort restaurant because they can't get into the parks that night. We're staying at BLT, but any resort would be fine. Ideas?

minnielaw

Kona Cafe in the Polynesian? Not sure on the prices, but the food is very good. However, the location is not the greatest for atmosphere and it can be very loud with all the people waiting nearby to get in Ohana's.

I would tend to lean toward less populated resort restaurants where you may have a little more privacy and a more relaxing dining experience. Check out the menus on allears.net.

rufio

Original Poster
How casual are you willing to go? Beaches and Cream or the Cabana Bar might be good options. We're actually considering the latter for our rehearsal dinner.

I don't even know what the Cabana Bar is! lol! Right now we're scheduled for Wilderness Lodge. I looked at Raglan Road, but I'm almost certain no one in my family will eat anything on the menu...

Sweet Melissa

I don't even know what the Cabana Bar is! lol! Right now we're scheduled for Wilderness Lodge. I looked at Raglan Road, but I'm almost certain no one in my family will eat anything on the menu...
In that case, the Cabana Bar is probably not right either. Like Raglan Road, it's pub food, but the menu us smaller. You can see it here.

crispy

If you are looking for a nice, quiet dinner maybe you could do The Wave, The Grand Floridian Cafe, or Kona. All get very good reviews.

If you are looking for something more fun and loud then maybe Whispering Canyon Cafe, Cape May Cafe (especially if they are seafood fans), or even Trails End at Fort Wilderness (this may be the best bang for your buck since it's a buffet).

rufio

Original Poster
Well, we went with Whispering Canyon! We actually decided on Grand Floridian Cafe for the night OF the wedding instead of a reception. We are going to be in MK, and since there are no restaurants there (other than CRT) that would be suitable, we thought GFC would be nice (and not too hard on the wallet).

Phonedave

I'll throw Turf Club out there as well.

It is an under recognized restaruant. It is not the best, but is solid. (most of the time, I had horrendous service there once, when it was really really slow and my waitress was off hanging with the rest of the staff).

If you have a large-ish group, they can easily put a table together for you, and depending on the weather, you can do outside seating as well.

-dave

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Whispering Canyon Cafe will certainly make for an interesting rehearsal dinner! Have you been there before? Do you know what you're getting into?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom