Best place to eat at Disney?

HJCornell

Original Poster
Me and my family have decided that when we go to Disney World in Florida and I doing a little challenge as to we have to pick the best restraunt each to go to. Me and my sister are doing this so I need a good selection of restraunts which we can enjoy.

Any ideas?

materbuddy

There are tons of great restaurants in the world. Just a few questions. What kind of food do you like? Are you adventurous eaters? How do you feel about characters? Are you looking for counter service or sit down restaurants? Do you prefer sit down or buffets? I know it's a lot of questions, but it will help everyone with suggestions.

HJCornell

Original Poster
Well, first we are quite good with different types of food just nothing really spicy since my mother refuses to eat hot things :fork:
When we first went to Disney we did enjoy the character meals. I am not sure if they still would but I personally love them! :D
It would definatley be a good old sit down meal for us but we do like buffets from time to time...

I hope this helps!

hankhill

"Best" is a relative term

Depends on what you are looking for...

Buffet: We enjoyed Hollywood and Vine on the low end at HS. A number of good entrees, dessert bar was great. Pricing good. For a step up and a bit eclectic try Boma at AKL. African inspired dishes with some great ingredients.

Nice but not back breaking: Ohana is wonderful. California Grill is excellent. Portabello.

In parks: Teppan Edo for sushi and hibachi is a nice treat. San Angel is our favorite hands down

Quick Service: Harbor House near Haunted Mansion and Flame Tree BBQ in AK.

have fun. Hope these help.

Silver Figment

Trails End buffet is a cheap but very satisfying option is you decide to go for a buffet. When i say cheap i mean in comparison to other buffet prices. The food is really great.

Cubs Brian

Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness lodge, ranks as my favorite. Food is good, but what makes it my favorite is the atmosphere!!!

lbrad

Grand Floridian Cafe is perfect!!!

Loved 1900 Park Fare ... and Crystal Palace for characters.

So many great eateries in Epcot: Le'Cellier
Rose and Crown ...just the beginning

The Incredible Schmulk

Well, I can give you my favorites, and you can go from there. Here's my top ten (of the moment), in no particular order:

California Grill
Shula's
Flying Fish
Grand Floridian Cafe
Jiko
Kouzzina
Sanaa
bluezoo
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Coral Reef

AintNoOtherMan

There are so many amazing places. I'll tell you what my family likes.
Animal Kingdom:
We all loved Yak & Yeti (something along that name) in Asia. It serves Asian.

Magic Kingdom:
Cosmic Ray's is great if you're in a rush. But if you have time, I've heard Tony's Pizza is nice (haven't gotten in myself...haha) or if you're looking for fine dining, head over to The Grand Floridian to the Grand Floridian Cafe. It was really good :) But don't go in trashy clothes.. It's the Grand Floridian.

Epcot:
So.much.food. I went to one Mexican place that I loved... it just opened last year. And we always stop in England at the pub. Love it! And we all LOVEDDD the Coral Reef. It's AMAZING.

Hollywood Studios:
I've only ate at Hollywood & Vine, and I liked it. But no one else did. If I were you, I'd take the ferry to Downtown Disney.

Outside The Park:
Yaughtsman! It's delicious but expensive! If you don't have kids, you may consider Victoria & Albert's. It's nice, but super expensive.

Anywhere not to go:
We all hated the Flying Fish.

Best table service, one dining credit: Via Napoli (no-go if you don't like Italian style pizza).

Best signature restaurant: California Grill. The food and atmosphere are fantastic.

Best quick service out of the parks: Wolfgang Puck Express.

Best quick service in the parks: Much of Epcot's World Showcase, in the Magic Kingdom, try Pecos Bills--not great but always reliable--or Cosmic Rays. In Animal Kingdom, try Flame Tree BBQ. In Hollywood Studios, try Epcot. :)

Avoid most of the food in Hollywood Studios except Brown Derby (the pork chop is outstanding) and Starring Rolls bakery. Definitely a buyer beware kind of place.

Good luck!

dave&di

lbrad;4777462[B said:
]Grand Floridian Cafe is perfect!!![/B]
Loved 1900 Park Fare ... and Crystal Palace for characters.

So many great eateries in Epcot: Le'Cellier
Rose and Crown ...just the beginning

Agreed!

Alex21

My favorite restaurant

My favorite place to eat at Disney is Chef Mickey's! I have gone every time I am there and it is still just as fun. It is a character buffet meal, but the food is good. AND there is an ice cream/cupcake create yourself station. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a fun time and good food! Check out this site http://www.kyoo.com/disney-world for more Disney information though :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom