Best park for new year?

Disneymadmummy

Original Poster
We have already decided that we will be spending christmas day is magic kingdom but would like some suggestions on where would be the best park to spend new year.

Please help!

Epcot is my fav

Honestly we did Epcot for New Years last year and it was insane. Not that I did not think it was going to be but it was not even enjoyable. Way too many people up your you know what. It is hard to walk and forget about getting on any rides. My mother who is sort of a slow walker got pushed a couple times cause of the crowds, it was not fun. Christmas Day at Epcot was great but New Years I would think twice personally before doing that again.

So I don't know if I have a suggestion I just know it's insane everywhere at that time of year. Hope this helps.

Eyekimore

We visit WDW every year at this time. EPCOT is truly wild on NYE! I think it's mostly due to the alcoholic beverages they serve. The crowd is a little more wild/crazy than at other parks. However- the EPCOT fireworks show on NYE is awesome! Also- standing in certain areas you can see the fireworks at MGM and Pleasure Island at the same time. We tend to do this more recently as we've been staying at the BCV and can walk in/out of the park. We usually spend a late day at the pool. Make a late reservation for dinner in EPCOT (9-10pm). Eat/walk around/ and midnight arrives sonner than you know!

We have spent NYE at MK. This also was fun. Believe it or not- you can actually get on some rides. Even with crazy busy big rides- there's always the train, wedway, Carousel of Progress. Lot's of great places to sit down and rest. The people generally are doing their regular MK thing and stop to see the great NYE fireworks. (At EPCOT- they tend to sit/down and wait for the fireworks and you can't even find a spot to sit/rest your feet.) Plus they usually open the back exit so you can walk from TomorrowLand behind Main Street and skip all the chaos. This makes for a quick exit! Until you reach the busses................

You'll have a great time at whatever park you choose! Just remember to pack a little extra patience! We'll be at EPCOT for the festivities. Maybe we'll see you there!

Disneymadmummy

Original Poster
Wicked....................I can see ny working out to be very stressful for me with our 4 children.
The 2 younger 1`s will be easy to deal with as they will both be in strollers,it`s my eldest 2 i can see being the problem.
Would you say it would be the best park to be in with young children (7,4,2 and 9 months) ?

Alexx

Trust me, do NOT go to MK for christmas day. You cannot move in the park.
It's super busy, it's easy to get lost and theres too many people there for my liking.

Try AK or MGM they're usually quieter

Eyekimore

I personally think that MK would be the best for NYE if you have kids. You can still see the parades, they do fireworks at 10:00pm (I think) and the big ones at 12:00am, you can deal with waiting for 1/2 hour to do something like Small World. I definately think MK on NYE is the way to go. If the family gets tired and cranky- get on the train for a couple of loops. Toon-town is rarely packed. You might even be able to do Barnstormer. Plus- they have the new playground by the Pooh ride so the little ones can just hang/play.

MGM just doesn't have enough to thrill me to make it an option. The only good rides would be mobbed and your little ones prob. can't do them anyway.

The EPCOT fireworks are cool. They do the regular show (Illuminations) and then they do this cool beginning to the wild midnight part. They acknowledge that the countries experience "Midnight" in different time zones. They light up each country in the order they celebrate it and do a mini firework behind it. Then they do the final countdown. It's cool and if you're staying at BC, BW, YC, Swan, or Dolphin- it's the easiest to leave and walk back to within 5 minutes. However- if you're talking about a long day in the park and entertaining 4 kids- go MK. Trust me- if you head to EPCOT on NYE- the kids will be bored/complaining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom