Best of the All-Stars

spaceranger

We are considering an All-Star stay in June for two adults and two
children ages 14 and 9. I've heard good things about the All-Stars on the Forums and was seeking the best of the three for cleanliness, state of (dis)repair, pools, fewest group bookings and bus access. I know Music and Movies are particularly well-regarded. Suggestions are appreciated!

disneydudette

Well...

If you want all three...
may I suggest a moderatre??

something such as the carribean Beach...may be a better bet...more pools..cleaner...and fewest book groupings....If you can get the mloney its well worth it...
the pool os great...even has a slide...and is worth the extra money...

but if u can only take an All star...then may I suggest the AS movies...

This is a great resort...I love the set up as well...
the buidings are well themed...
Its well kept...and farthest away from the main road...
Has the 2 pools...
Fantasia...
and the Duck pond...one of my fav...
the pools are great...but can get extremely crowded...especially in June with the Hot weather...none have slides..but still serve the purpose of being a pool...

BUT if u have 2 boys....

I suggest the AS sports...
This is great for older children...but still kid friendly...the boys would have a blast...even if you balanced out...1 and 1...the kids would still enjoy the area...plenty of room to run around.....
The pools are great...
the Baseball diamond is a pleaser...
as well as the surfs up pool...
The buildings are even more themed then the AS movies IMHO....

OR you can stay at the AS music...
This is a great resort...
I'm not a big music fan...but it is well themed...
I don't have too much info on this...but I consider it to be the bottom one...

You'll find that all AS's have a food court, 2 pools, decent rooms. and bus depot...which I may add are uncovered...they all have a store and laundry facility, as well as a playground or two...

YOU MUST take in consideration the crowds that will accumulate during PEAK hours of the day...
Breakfast...
early morning bus rush
evening bus rush...
**ALL OF THE THEME PARKS HAVE ONE BUS FOR ALL THREE RESORTS**

GROUPS...
well I would think that...
a sports team...would stay at the AS sports...
and a music group at the AL music...
in June I doubt there are too many groups leaving school...and town...so I would think that any resort would be "group Free"
AS for international...and tourist groups...its a chance you may have to take...

I SAY IF YOU CAN SWING IT....GO FOR A MODERATE....IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT...

Upvote 0

Stellajack

All-Stars

Have stayed at the AS-SPORTS once. Our room was very clean and pleasant. Since most of our time was spent in the parks, some amenities were not really important to us. One of the things I enjoyed was having breakfast from the food court which was right by the pool. We went during the first week of August that year and didn't have any particular problems w/transportation. I don't think you will go wrong with ANY of the AS resorts.:)

Upvote 0

Gucci65

My favorite is All Star Music. My daughter loves the pool, arcade and food court (great for teen snacking). How long are you really going to hang around in your room? When I'm there I need it to shower and sleep, the rest of the time is spend in the parks. I don't have a particular reason, but I don't like the sports resort that much - could be because I'm more into music than sports

AND I go to WDW every year and have only ONCE encountered 1 bus for all three resorts. During peak crowd times, there ARE
3 serparate buses for All Stars.

Hope you have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

Disney Couple

We have stayed on our more recent visits at the A.S. Spots resort. We have visited all three while we have been there and like them all. Since we have such a large family the value resorts are the only way that we are able to stay on property. They have decent service and aminaties(sp?) and for our family we do not neccessarily go for the resort itself nor for all of the perks. We do however like being surrounded by the Disney atmosphere and this is how we do it.

When the we get older and the kids stop coming along on the trips we will probably look to upgrade.

Upvote 0

RandeB

Busses

After reading the many posts about the bus service to AS, I did try to keep track on our last trip.

There are separate busses when the demand is there, shared busses when demand is not there. Sometimes there is more demand than supply, but that's part of going to WDW.

Busses usually stop at Sports then Music then Movies on the way from the parks when shared, but not always.

You can walk from some parts of the various hotels to the bus stops at the adjacent hotels in a similar or perhaps lesser amount of time depending on where you're staying.

Upvote 0

DisneyWonders07

I've stayed at all 3, and I have to say that I like Movies the best.:D Music would be my next choice, and Sports would be my last because I'm not a big fan of that stuff.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

hoosier5x

I've been to both All-Star Music and Sports and loved them both. The All-Star resorts seem a bit noisier than the other resorts, but you'll probably never notice as long as your not near a pool. If you're not planning on spending alot of time at your resort, I would definitely choose one of these resorts. One of these days, I get over to Movies. I plan on staying at all the resorts eventually.

Upvote 0

strutter

We stayed at Movies during the end of August and first couple of days of September last year. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip.

The food court was adequate for us. It was my wife and I, and our five year old daughter. We stayed in the Fantasia building. Not my favorite, but it was right next to the pool and right behind the food court.

And the bus situation was not a problem. When we were there the attendance was light and they had separate busses for all three All Stars.

Upvote 0

tammycooley

:wave: My son & I stayed at the Movies last year and are going back this May 3-10. We loved the Movies and stayed in the Toy
Story wing---my son loved it...I have stayed at CB before, and for the theming, my son was happier at the Movies..We didnt have a problem with the bus system either, and we only stopped at the other resorts on one occasion. The Movies is well worth it in my opinion!!!!! We only have 58 more days!!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

kellydisney

I asked this same exact question in another forum on a different site. People's suggestions helped. I was all set to have my vacation at the All Star Movies, but when I went to book, they only had preferred location rooms left which cost more $$ for the dates I wanted. So I was bummed and wanted to know which was better between Music and Sports. But what made my mind up was this website with photos of all of the resorts www.wdwig.com. The Broadway building in the All Star Music looks so awesome! So we are going to be staying there in December!!! (Hopefully in that building) :) I'm now really glad there wasn't vacancy at the Movies because I like the music theme better :) Good luck with your planning!

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Wow....I hadn't known that the All stars were so liked...
well...not liked...but loved...

I still stan firm on my "if you can afford a moderate go for it!"
but you all are giving such positive notes...

I guess I just placed AS music at the bottom of my list...since I had not known to much about it...In my opinion...I don't think its a good fit for pre-teen kids...most of them have grown up on POP and R&B and RAP:hurl:...It wouldn't seem fun to me....although I'm sure the buildings are well themed....

Gucci65-
Thanx for that...I had no idea...I just always remember seeing the sign for all 3...and the LONG LONG line for a bus...I guess that 3 buses would make the most sense...

I think I'm going to plan a short trip to one...and plan to take a closer look at the AS music...

thanks for the help as well...

DD :kiss:

Upvote 0

Gucci65

disneydudette - if they only had 1 bus for all three resorts, I would NOT stay there. Talk about how long you would be standing in line......I don't think so!

As as single parent I love the money I save staying at the Allstars while still getting that Disney magic. I love the other resorts as well, esp AKL!!

Enjoy your short trip and let me know what you think:)

Upvote 0

crazygirley

I always stay at All-Star Movies, and I love it. There are many good things, but there are also some inconvienient things to keep in mind:

Busses. The wait for a bus to go to a park is nothing compared to the wait to get back to the hotel. If you are leaving the parks anytime after 6:00 pm, be prepared to wait a good 30-75 minutes for a bus. All-Star's are currently the biggest resort, thus, the most people stay there, and the busses pick up for all three of the resorts at once and on the same bus.

Room Size. The rooms are VERY small, nothing you want to stay in for an extended time, other than to sleep and shower. There is NOTHING special about the inside of the rooms, everything is very minimal and basic.

Crowds and Noise. All-Star's are very crowded and noisy. Kids run around everywhere at all hours of the day. They often run throughout the corridors at night, which can be noisy inside the rooms.

Other than that, they are great on value, the pools are great and clean, there is an ample arcade, and a fantastic food court.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Hey crazygirley - what time of year did you go when they had 1 bus for all three resorts AND how many times did this happen. I have been to AllStars for the last 6 or 7 years and have only had that happen once. Please let me know so I can avoid that time of year.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Originally posted by Gucci65
Hey crazygirley - what time of year did you go when they had 1 bus for all three resorts AND how many times did this happen. I have been to AllStars for the last 6 or 7 years and have only had that happen once. Please let me know so I can avoid that time of year.

In the summer, last summer.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Okay note to self - continue to stay at AKL during summer and ASM in the winter. Thanks for that info. Nothing worse than getting on a crowded bus with 300 other hot, sweaty, cranky folks.:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom