Best Fireworks At Wdw

WHO'S GOT THE BEST FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORKS SHOW???

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Epcot

Votes: 42 61.8%
  • MGM

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Downtown Disney

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

BRER STITCH

Original Poster
WOOHOO! :wave:

I will be celebrating Independence Day at WDW this year and am psyched!
It will be the first time for me to make a "high-season" trip since I lived down there. I can't wait to feel the excitement of the crowds! ( I know!....but it helps to keep positive! :lol: )

Anyway....here's the question:

WITH ALL THE FIREWORKS PLANNED FOR JULY 4th AT WDW, WHICH SHOW IS YOUR FAVORITE???

I am a fireworks fanatic and would love to see the best show that week!

Thanx in advance for your recommendations!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

OmegaKnight

Normally, the Disney-MGM Studios and Fantasmic! gets my vote but on July 4th, Epcot gets the nod. Whenever there is a holiday like this one, Epcot always does a spectacular fireworks spectacular.

Fantasmic all the way! (did any one see the post on Fantasmic-The ride? well I liked it so much I'm building one on my own!(does anyone know if there is any job for a 14 year old that creates rides on RCT3 for a job:lookaroun for disney?My next ride- Nightmare Doors (based on the door part of Monsters Inc.)))
what do you think? Insane i guess u could say, or could it be my love for disney!

MickeyMan101

CTXRover

Epcot was my pick. I saw the 4th show a few years ago, and like the NYE show I try and catch every year, its the best. They do the whole ROE show and then do a patriotic finale. Because of the proximity and the fact they launch so many shells all at once you can feel them pounding in your chest. Its too cool...words can't describe it. My second choice would be MK...but I haven't seen the 4th show there in a LONG time (I can't stand the crowds at the MK on busy days like that)

Epcot82Guy

Before Wishes, it would have been MK because of the perimeter Fireworks, but since Wishes has that every night, EPCOT TOTALLY gets it!

On a side note, if you want to avoid park crowds, getting a Priority Seating (or "Advanced Reservation" if the rumor is true) at O'Hana, Narcoosee's, or especially California Grill is a great way, too. I actually watched them from the Grand Floridian's beach one year. No music, but a GREAT, relaxing place to watch them.

WDW_Sam

OmegaKnight said:
Normally, the Disney-MGM Studios and Fantasmic! gets my vote but on July 4th, Epcot gets the nod. Whenever there is a holiday like this one, Epcot always does a spectacular fireworks spectacular.
I agree there, EPCOT has the best...

Sam

askmike1

Epcot easily wins. No one can even come close to Epcot when it does a special finale. If there are 1000 shells for the finale over the course of 5 minutes (completely made up by the way), there would be 200 for the first 4.5 minutes and the other 800 in the final 30 seconds. Even i your at the boardwalk (or DMGM for that matter) you can still feel the vibrations. And as a bonus, you get the regular RoE too (unlike the other two parks)

MK- Although fireworks 'in the round' are nice, there "patriotic-finale" display can't measure up to the normal Wishes.
DMGM-Once home to the great Socery in the Sky. Now it's been butchered into a patriotic-finale only fireworks. The music they pick is horrible (they pick American tunes from movies). If the original SitS was back, this would win, but unfortunately (even with Fantasmic), DMGM rates last with me.

-Michael

surfsupdon

I've seen Epcot and Magic Kingdom's prsentations over July 4th. Epcot is superior b/c of the great slam bang finales that they always have. But nothing will beat the Peace on Earth finale! (I even prefer PoE finale over New Years Eve finale.)

Disney_CP_2004

Epcot All The Way!!!

Epcot all the way...and not cause i use to work there...but they have an insane finale after ROE....and it's over American Advenutre, cause' they close to back service road down backstage and set the fireworks up there......

It's very purdy....and intense!! But you can also hang out outside of International Gateway by the boat docks, or even @ the Y&B light house to see Epcot's firworks...and sometimes u can still hear the music (But then again i can just by seeing the fireworks tell u where @ in the music Illumination is, or even fantasmic by their music)....

surfsupdon

Disney_CP_2004 said:
But you can also hang out outside of International Gateway by the boat docks, or even @ the Y&B light house to see Epcot's firworks...and sometimes u can still hear the music

You can hear the music from the lake-facing rooms, not just outside.

askmike1

Disney_CP_2004 said:
(But then again i can just by seeing the fireworks tell u where @ in the music Illumination is, or even fantasmic by their music)....
lol, it's the same way with me.

Thinking back, why just see one show? It is very possible (& fairly easy) to see 2 shows that night. Fantasy & DMGM's show are usually both at 9pm that night (so you have to pick between one of these). Illuminations is usually at 10pm. Two years ago I did Wishes, got on a bus fast to the Boardwalk, walked quickly to Epcot and had about 10-15 minutes to spare. If you do this, I recomend going to the boardwalk & not directly to Epcot. International gateway is right by the fireworks and at this time of night, they usually have the gates open (so you don't have to waste time going through the turnstiles). I don't know what time DD has theres but if it is later, you can go there too.

-Michael

nelsonj3

I am also going to be at WDW for July 4th. I have only seen the EPCOT fireworks on the 4th a few years ago. All I remember was that I was amazed!! After reading all of these posts, I think we're going back to EPCOT!

TheDisneyMagic

Epcot - Illuminations Reflections of Earth wins every time in my opinion, both the music and the show I believe fit together so well and makes the hairs on my arms and legs stand when ever I see the show.

askmike1

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
What makes the 4th July version better ?
It feels as if thousands of fireworks are being shot in a 30 second time span. Imagine all the fireworks of RoE being blown off one after another with no time delay.

-Michael

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom