Best deal you have ever gotten?

JimboJones123

The free dining plan is by far and away the best deal possible for my "clan", especially since we do stay at the values. The second best deal we ever had was in Dec 2004, for some odd reason I got an email with a "Special rate" of $49 per night at the value resorts, so we took a 10 day trip then to. I paid rack rates the year before and spent almost as much on a 3 night trip. I will gladly make an "extra trip" anytime something like this comes along. I love the idea of knowing we got a great deal-- it allows us to go NUTS on everything else. Then we aren't skimping and sharing meals, but rather hitting all the character buffets we can. It allows us to also say "whatever you want" at WOD instead of saying just one gift each, under 15 bucks please. I was just wondering if anybody else holds out for only the great deals so they can splurge on the extras. Even though we have free dining in our Sept. trip, now we can still head to Margarittaville (one of our favorite Disney resturaunts I know, I know-- we don't go to the US parks so we consider it part of our Disney vacation -- moreso that the Rainforest Cafe that can be found at malls across America) and also enjoy the new bibbity botique and mnsshp.

Anybody else find an "unbeatible deal" that they just couldn't pass up..

PS - why don't I ever get those e-mails anymore -- I'd take 10 day trips all the time for $49 bucks a night -- and they can milk me the whole time!!!!

eroyee

best deal

:wave: I got the email for big values in 2003. we got POR for $77 a nite incl. tax. Man, was that cool. Plus, one other year we got moderates half off cause my son is in the military. I called Disney and asked why I didnt get any more of those emails and they told me they only do them randomly every year. Darn. I would wait for something like that,too!! AAA gave us a really good deal on Pop in February. theres lots of deals out there. Just not as good as some!! Any trip to disney is worth the money!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

peters

Got a postcard in August of 2004 - just after the hurricanes started hitting, for $109(+tax) at the AKL. That was for a standard which we were bumped-up to main Savannah view... it was great! Especially since it was my first trip to WDW. Guess they got me hooked:)

Upvote 0

blackerbys17

I just booked the Grand Floridian today for $209 a night (conference rate). Score!!! I also got my sister the Pop Century during Xmas week 2004 at $49 a night and I stayed at Port Orleans for $79 a night that same week. I also just came back less than 2 weeks ago and stayed at the Contemporary for $249 a night in one of the newly renovated rooms. So, I guess I do okay!

Upvote 0

barnum42

Flights from UK and two weeks in a hotel on 192 a ten minute drive from the Disney parking lots in April 2004 for £350 (less than $600) I still had a valid year pass so and so could not resist this deal.

Upvote 0

fkflintstone

The fall /early winter discount is pretty good ,I think its about 30% off, thats what we used to go last december. We also have a letter that gives us a discount becouse we booked online in 2003 and bought vacation insurance which some lawfirm sued Disney over ( some kind of class action thing)claiming that people paid for the insurance without knowing it.Did any one else get one of these letters? I've never seen it mentioned any where and wondered how many people got in on this class action settlement.It pays to do research There's probably a discount if you know the code for it, almost any time of the year

Upvote 0

durangojim

WL Courtyard room $120/night on xmas 04

Had been trying to get rooms for us and my parents for Xmas 04 throught New Years 05. on 12/23/04 I was able to call and get us 2 courtyard view rooms at the Wilderness Lodge for 8 nights arriving on 12/25/04 with the AP discount. Was able to cancel our rooms at the GF and saved us a total of $320. Most amazing deal ever.

Upvote 0

disgolfer

We are going in about a month. We got Pop for nine nights with free dining and the ticket upgrade. I guess there was a screw up in the system. I found it on the main special offers page.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Yacht Club 12/25--1/3, $188/night, lake view (rack rate-$545)

that was back in 2002, and then again in 2003...has not been that low again, especially during holiday dates

Upvote 0

tripplanner

Okay, so now that you all told us these incredible deals, how did you get them. I would love to know where to find a great rate. I am an AP holder but I am beginning to lose hope for the summer.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Our great deals were AP rates....the last day for them is traditionally 12/25 or 12/26, so we make sure to check in on one of those dates to secure the rate for the duration of the whole trip.

They aren't guaranteed though, unfortunately.

Upvote 0

bluefaery

my fiance and I stayed at SOG (yes I know it's not a WDW resort) for 650 for 10 nights. That's the best deal I know of that I have used......unless u count staying at his mom's for our x-mas trip LOL.

Upvote 0

tripplanner

surfsupdon said:
Our great deals were AP rates....the last day for them is traditionally 12/25 or 12/26, so we make sure to check in on one of those dates to secure the rate for the duration of the whole trip.

They aren't guaranteed though, unfortunately.

Thanks for the info. Mine expires on 7/13 so we want to go after the kids get out of school on June 23 and before they expire on 7/13. I know they are not guaranteed that is why I am starting to explore other options. Maybe even offsite.:eek:

Upvote 0

Woody13

tripplanner said:
Okay, so now that you all told us these incredible deals, how did you get them. I would love to know where to find a great rate. I am an AP holder but I am beginning to lose hope for the summer.
In reality, no one is going to give away their deals because they are very limited. As an example, the Holiday Inn located on Hotel Plaza Blvd. used to be a Courtyard by Marriott. During the years 2000 until 2003, they offered a special rate ($20.00 per night) during late September and early October.

Huge rooms with great transportation and great location plus better amenities than anything WDW hotels have to offer for $20.00 per night! I'm only telling you about it now because the deal no longer exists. However, there are other deals out there. You must search for them.

Unfortunately, travel agents are the bane of good deals. They think they know the market and the best deals and promise to apply all discounts, yet their performance is highly variable. Sometimes they hit the target and sometimes they miss by a mile. I have used travel agents in the past but I no longer recommend their services.

You will not find most deals via the Internet! You must call or write to a specific hotel and inquire. Booking any hotel via the Internet is a mistake!

Upvote 0

JenLUVSmickey

I think my best deal so far and probably can never be beat was..... In 2002 my then boyfriend had a friend who had a friend who worked for Starwood hotels which owns the Swan and Dolphin and after a few phone calls we paid $20 a night!!!! At the Dolphin!!! That was crazy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom