Best Day of the Week to Start Your Vacation

WishIWasAtWDW

whenever i start to think about planning a trip to wdw, i try to figure out what day of the week i should arrive and what day i should depart. i know it sounds like nitpicking, but i was wondering what have people found to be the best day of the week to arrive and depart? i have heard that if you are flying, you can find the best prices on tues, wed, or thurs. i was just thinking of how this might correlate with disney crowds. my guess is that most people probably check in on the weekends but i could be wrong. just wanted to get some thougts.

corey154

I don't have a great answer for you, but as far as the airlines go, yes...when you go online and look at the different days to fly, you'll notice certain weekdays cheaper like tuesday's and thursday's. (sometimes by a hundred dollards) I've never checked in to Disney on a tuesday or thursday, but i'd think they'd be less crowded than a friday or weekend day. most people seem to vacation from weekend to weekend. (just an observation) i'd think friday would be the most crowded b/c locals that are just getting away for the weekend would be checking in too.

Upvote 0

emerald28

I usually check in on Sunday and back out on Friday... this way we miss most of the weekend crowds. I also go when school's in... also to avoid some crowds.

Upvote 0
To miss the least work, we like to go from a Sat - Sun, which gives us 9 days. This year, we're going from a Sat - Wed. which gives us those extra 3 days - super excited!

Cheapest Southwest tickets we saw were Tuesdays...but we still managed to get our tickets from Milwaukee, WI to MCO for $198 per person - that includes bags ;~)

I never like to get in the day before MK has early opening - I like my very first experience the day after I arrive to be me standing and watching the full Welcome Show (which they don't do on EMH mornings) while crying. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom