best beaches close to disney

dr_teeth90210

Go to Siesta Key and some of the beaches in the Sarasota area. They have the cleanest and softest sand and are very family oriented beaches. From WDW your looking at about a 2 to 2 and a half hour drive.

goofyfan13

LSUxStitch said:
Daytona = nice sand and water, but usually really crowded, plus I don't like the cars on the beach part.

Exactly, I really don't like beaches here because of how dirty they are for that very reason. Plus, the area of Daytona Beach really isn't as nice as most people would think. It's not horrible, it is a beach, but I would rather go to another one. That's just my opinion though.

lamarvenoy

wbboy29 said:
You want a beach with nice, beautiful, soft white sand?

Well according to a Travel Channel show I just watched last night (Florida's Top 10 Beaches) Siesta Key, near Sarasota, was listed at #4 and was voted the beach with the softest and prettiest sand in all of Florida. I really want to go check out that beach for myself now. I have only been to Cocoa (not a big fan, to shelly for me, but they do have "Ron John's Surf Shop") and New Smyrna (it's ok, better than Cocoa, but I've seen better). So if your looking for good sand go check out Siesta Key. According to the Travel Channel the beach is called Siesta Key because the sand is sooooo soft it makes you want to fall asleep on it. Yah, whatever, :lol:

Oh, by the way, on the same list Daytona came in at #10. I can't remember the exact number for Clearwater but I beleive is was either #6 or 7.

I hope that helps:wave:

This is my hometown and I can tell you 1st hand growing up here...I'm spoiled. Siesta beach sand is like powdered sugar and its so white that it doesn't get hot. It's also shallow water and a wide beach.If you like beaches and haven't been here yet, try it.It's also the ultimate hottie hangout Spring break time.Meat market.

Nemo14

lamarvenoy said:
This is my hometown and I can tell you 1st hand growing up here...I'm spoiled. Siesta beach sand is like powdered sugar and its so white that it doesn't get hot. It's also shallow water and a wide beach.If you like beaches and haven't been here yet, try it.It's also the ultimate hottie hangout Spring break time.Meat market.
Although I'm not particularly a beach person, I also would recommend the Gulf Coast beaches. We love to go over to AnnaMaria Island, or this past October we went to a wedding at St. Pete's Beach. Great sand, shells,etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom