Best Bar/Lounge in the World?

Grumpy56

OK, yes I will admit it we plan to have a cocktail or two on our upcoming trip to WDW. In 4 days but who's counting?????:hammer: So what do all you WDW experts think is the best place to have a drink? We are staying at the Yacht Club so somewhere in that area is preferable but we're willing to try anything! As a side note is there any bar in WDW where you can smoke a cigar? I know it's a nasty habit but.......

Seano846

I prefer Mizner's Lounge for a cigar after Victoria and Albert's but as of late June 2003 smoking is off limits. Otherwise I prefer the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian. To enjoy a good cigar, walk to Sunset point at the Poly with a fine bottle of wine and a signifigant other, light it up and enjoy the show!. You now must smoke outside:(

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Belle Vue lounge at Boardwalk Inn.

It's right across the lake from Yacht Club just off the front lobby at the Boardwalk. It's about a 10 minute walk or so. They are on the second story so you can go out on the balcony over looking the whole boardwalk.

The lounge is really nice. Made to look like an early 1920's lounge. They even pipe in old radio programs. Very nice and relaxing.

I'm not sure if they are cigar friendly or not, but out on the balcony I'm sure not too many people would complain.

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Originally posted by Seano846
I prefer Mizner's Lounge for a cigar after Victoria and Albert's but as of late June 2003 smoking is off limits. Otherwise I prefer the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian. To enjoy a good cigar, walk to Sunset point at the Poly with a fine bottle of wine and a signifigant other, light it up and enjoy the show!. You now must smoke outside:(

Mizner's was the place I had heard of several years ago but in doing more research on this I found out that WDW has a completely non smoking poloicy at the resorts. But there is the Lobby Court Lounge at the Dolphin which is listed on their web site as a cigar bar. Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0

ISTCrew20

I prefer the Poly lounge as well, for a diet coke:lookaroun ...As for the cigar, your right, its nasty, but atleast your gonna do it in the bar, and not in the park. But, the Poly has a great view

Upvote 0

crazygirley

My favorite is Victoria Falls Lounge at AKL. It is a very nice, romantic lounge to go and have a quiet drink. It isn't necessarily quiet but it feels quiet and cozy.

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Originally posted by ISTCrew20
I prefer the Poly lounge as well, for a diet coke:lookaroun ...As for the cigar, your right, its nasty, but atleast your gonna do it in the bar, and not in the park. But, the Poly has a great view

It's actually not me but my sailor husband who smokes the cigars. You can take the sailor off the ship but you can't you can't make him a landlubber. Or something like that. It's a habit picked up on the fantail of the ship, under the stars in the Caribbean. He's very considerate of non smokers but I figure if there's a cigar bar it would be a treat for him.

Upvote 0

Andrew015

Territory Lounge in the Wilderness Lodge is a really neat place to stop and have a drink!!! Hands down my favorite. Outter rim in the contemp is pretty cool too, and the poly lounge isn't bad either!!! Give them all a shot, but be sure to check out the WL!!!

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Originally posted by Moustronaut
Belle Vue lounge at Boardwalk Inn.

It's right across the lake from Yacht Club just off the front lobby at the Boardwalk. It's about a 10 minute walk or so. They are on the second story so you can go out on the balcony over looking the whole boardwalk.

The lounge is really nice. Made to look like an early 1920's lounge. They even pipe in old radio programs. Very nice and relaxing.

I'm not sure if they are cigar friendly or not, but out on the balcony I'm sure not too many people would complain.

This I want to check out, it sounds very nice! thanks!

Upvote 0
Bellevue Room is very comfortable and cozy. They also have a few board games.....we played Scrabble and had drinks. It was relaxing and fun.

I personally enjoy ESPN Club, but I love sports. So I think that's just personal preference.

Upvote 0

MarkJ

California Grill

Theres a lovely lounge area just ahead of the restaurant -

Each to their own I guess - but sitting 14 stories up with a view over the Magic Kingdom and the lake as the sun sets slowly in the West just has to be right up there!!!!!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Originally posted by Grumpy56
This I want to check out, it sounds very nice! thanks!

No problem...

It's realitively small but I never saw it crowded. If ya want to see pictures, follow this link to Deb's site. http://www.wdwig.com/g_bwi.htm BelleVue pics are near the bottom of the page.

My wife and I would go there around 11pm. The bartender goes off at midnight but he was more than happy to make a few extra rounds for us to enjoy after he went off shift. So we stayed on the balcony well past midnight just watching everyone on the boardwalk. Look really pretty with everything all lit up.

Boardwalk also has the ESPN club and the Big River Grill and Brewing works. Both have full bars as well. One of the reasons why it has become on of our favorite resorts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom