Best area to stay at in Pop Century

goofybob

We will be traveling down to WDW in Oct staying at the Pop Century. Could anyone please inform me where the best area outside of being a preferred room, would be? For close acess to the bus stop, food court. Looking at a map of the resort looks like the 70's area is ideal but just what is in that area for icons, as we will be bringing a 3 and 6 year old with us. Just want to make sure that the kids could enjoy an area that they could relate to. Where are Mr and Mrs Potato head and the large play-dough cans located at? Thanks for the help. I ususally fax them a week before for my special requests, they are really accomodating to me when I do that. 7 1/2 weeks left to go.....

shoppingnut

The playdough cans are in the 60's preferred section. Mr & Mrs. Potato head are at the entrance to the 80's & 90's and back end of the 70's. I like the 50's & 70's the best because the 50's has their own pool and it close to the main pool and the foodcourt. The 70's is good too because they have the jumping water that the kids love and it is also close to the foodcourt. The 70's icons are the large mickey mouse phone, big wheel and fooseball table, the staircases are 8 track tapes. The 80's & 90's is the furtherest from the foodcourt, but do have their own pool.

Upvote 0

rshell68

We stayed in the 50's section. The pool is shaped like a bowling pin which the kids really enjoyed. Lady and the Tramp were the big icons in the area. I actually enjoyed the short walk to the food court. The atmosphere of the resort is awesome. Hope you have a great trip!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I stayed there for 2 nights this past year and relied on luck of the draw with my room location, and was very happy with the location and would def. request this area again. We were in the 50s section, Tramp building, 4th floor. We were on the back side of the building, and even tho we overlooked the unfinished section of the Resort, we overlooked the beautiful lake and were able to see both Wishes and Illuminations from our balcony. That was a huge surprise, and very magical. I'd imagine your children would love it.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

With children as young as yours, the 70's building would be ideal.
They will LOVE the fountains.

My opinion is that he resort maps are extremely deceptive as to the distance between buildings. Things are MUCH closer than they appear.

It should take about 3 minutes to walk to the food court or Hippy Dippy Pool from any 70's builidng.

Another issue: Will you have a car?

If so, check out where the parking lots are. Ironically, the preferred 60's building is as far as possible from a parking lot.

If I had a car, my primary request would be "close to parking lot."

Upvote 0

KnK

Yellow Shoes said:
Another issue: Will you have a car?

If so, check out where the parking lots are. Ironically, the preferred 60's building is as far as possible from a parking lot.

If I had a car, my primary request would be "close to parking lot."

Ditto the car issue. We were in the 60's area and the parking lot they directed us to was far from the room. We ended up parking in the front of the building a going through the lobby all the time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom