Best and Worst Post Show/ Ride Endings

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
Ok so we have a thread on best and worst ques, but what about those post shows and endings.:cool:

If you want, try using an extinct attraction as well as a current one.

Magic Kingdom:

Best: [Extinct Attraction] If You Had Wings "you have you've always have, you do have wings..."

Worst [Extinct Attractions] The fireworks sound effects on "Now is the Time" carousel of progress.

Best: Space Mountain

Worst: Carousel of Progress' lousy pop band singing.

EPCOT Center:

Best [Extinct Attraction] The Transcenter

Worst [Extinct Attraction] The black hallway at the UoE

Best: Leaving Seas (maybe:veryconfu )

Worst: SSE At&T version "may I have your attention please, ladies, and gentlement, boys, and girls..."

MGM: Not too sure.

Best: ToT/ Great Movie Ride

Worst : Back Stage Tour

xfkirsten

Worst Post show ever: Dreamchasers at Test Track. :p I always wanted to yell at people, don't do it! It's just an ad! :p

-Kirsten

raven

Hmm, post shows. Lets see.

MK Best: Space Mountain, Worst: ?

Epcot Best: Maelstrom, Worst: UoE

MGM Best: ToT, Worst: Muppets 3D

AK Best: Kili River, Worst: Dinosaur

Disney2002

Just two ideas here for the entire park.

Best post show

Bugs Life - Perhaps it's actually part of the show, but that wonderful little end of the show moment is so creative!

Worst post show

Norway's Malstrom - Get me out of that theatre and get me out now!

raven

Originally posted by Disney2002
Worst post show

LOL! I put that as BEST. Not for the movie, but for the seaport area. It's very detailed and peaceful.

Calamar

Originally posted by raven
MGM Best: ToT, Worst: Muppets 3D

You can't be serious! Sure, Tower of Terror is fine, but Muppets 3D's pre-show is absolutely hilarious! In my opinion, it's just as good as the actual attraction, which is to say that it is brilliant.

Star Tours deserves an honorable mention -- the Wookie and Mon Calamari irritated by the flash photography consistently crack me up.

And Disney2002 said ...

Heh, I was going to mention this as well. I was going to note that the 'Maelstrom Sprint' is one of the more entertaining post-shows, and perhaps the most entertaining unintended post-show. As for extinct attractions, let's not forget the old Imageworks of the Imagination Pavilion.

At the Magic Kingdom, I'd say that the worst 'post-show' is the inevitable post-It's a Small World traffic jam, during which you learn how to say 'goodbye' in dozens of languages while waiting for twenty boats to unload. I was never a big fan of the Alien Encounter pre-show either, so I'm looking forward to Stitch's Great Escape.

raven

Originally posted by Calamar
You can't be serious! Sure, Tower of Terror is fine, but Muppets 3D's pre-show is absolutely hilarious! In my opinion, it's just as good as the actual attraction, which is to say that it is brilliant.

This thread is about POST shows (the show after the main show). At the end of Muppets you just get dumped back out onto the street. That's what I meant.

Disney2002

For the most part, I think very few attractions receive post show consideration, with the exception of which store the ride will dump out into.

MartyMouse

The worst post-show would be Norway, I’ve seen better video on the travel channel. In fact the stink factor of that show is one of the few things that my ex-wife and I agree upon. We had spent the better part of a year researching the Vikings for a script we were working so we had a love and appreciation for the Norwegians going in - but that movie was such a downer and the dock with all of the crates with Norwegian company logos was such a forced sell I was very disappointed.

The best post show????
I guess Space Mountain has constantly been a fun show, as a kid I thought seeing myself on TV at the end was amazing.

cherrynegra

LOL! I put that as BEST. Not for the movie, but for the seaport area. It's very detailed and peaceful.

I'll grant you that the Norway fishing village is very cute. Very cute. But that movie, good God, it's like being stuck watching a film in fifth period social studies.:eek:

MGMBoy

OMG!!! Have you guys ALL forgotten the "choose your own ending" for Horizons?!?!? That is still my favorite for best ending. Also Mission: Space Race ranks right up there.

Calamar

At the end of Muppets you just get dumped back out onto the street. That's what I meant.

Oops -- apparently I misread the original post. I thought we were discussing both pre- and post- shows, for some reason. Well, I guess I'll have to wait for the Best and Worst Pre-show thread to praise MuppetVision's pre-show, heh. Good point about the post-show, though. You'd expect to at least see some Gonzo merchandise.

TimeTrip

I like the Norway movie.. of course the fact that I went to Norway many times as a child causing the movie to bring back alot of memories helps ;).

Still, I think it was a major mistake for them to put it after the ride instead of before.

civileng68

Account Suspended
hmmm

Well I agree the Norway video is just horrid, but, hey, look at the bright side, there's one great thing about Norway!................................If you ever see a hot girl that is Norweigian and you wish you had a girl like that..............just go to Norway................they all look the same and are HOT!

Also, if we ever run out of tall, blondes in the US, there's always Norway, sheez those girls are hot, and just trying to hear them speak english makes them even hotter.

Ok, my wife says I have issues and refuses to let me walk through Norway now.:hammer:

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by Danrol388
Norway is definitely the worst

After one sitting of the Norway movie, every time afterwards we make it a point to wait near the front of the line and make a mad dash to the exit doors on the other end before everyone is seated. Sadly, the last time we did this we were joined by at least 4 other couples who thought the same thing.

Love the ride, though!

ArsonWinter

Worst Post-Show: Journey into Your Imagination
When me and the family went on that ride, not only were we disapointed, but then you get spat out into a room that has way too much stimulis in one area to be good for you.

Best Post-Show: Space Mountian? I don't know, it doesn't seem like WDW really has too many post-shows.

Worst Exstinct Post-Show: Alien Encounter
I loved the show, but it seemed pretty weird to me... after all, you just witnessed (and heard) an alien run around the theater, and now they want you to go to a shop.

Best Extinct Post-Show: No clue.

ruca

As far as the Norway ride goes, as mentioned, it is very easy to get out of by waiting near the doors and just walking through. You used ot have to run, but the last few times I went, they left the doors open for a long time so that almost every person walked right through:D

raven

Originally posted by ruca
As far as the Norway ride goes, as mentioned, it is very easy to get out of by waiting near the doors and just walking through. You used ot have to run, but the last few times I went, they left the doors open for a long time so that almost every person walked right through:D

Yes, you can always push those doors open. They won't crush you. :D

As far as the film goes: Yes, it's dated. Just like the O' Canada movie and many other things in Epcot. I am Norwegian and I don't care for the film either. But you can always skip it. No one is forcing you to watch it. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom