Believe - are the trainers back in the water yet?

bigkevvo

Original Poster
Hi everyone

I'm planning on a trip to Orlando in September and wondered whether the trainers were back in the water with the whales in the Believe show, following the tradegy earlier this year? If not, any idea when or if they are even planned to?

Hope you can help :)

Kev

spacebaby

I was over there a couple of weeks ago and they still weren't back in the water - The Believe show has had a couple of minor modifications as a result.

scorp111

'Tis true and a shame, but the trainers are not back in the water at the same time as the whales. I don't know if or when they will go back. Still a great show, and if you hadn't seen it with the trainers in the water, not really that noticeable. But for those who have seen it many times, definitely not quite as good.

dave&di

I cried when I saw Believe 2 years ago, I was so moved by the relationship between the trainers and the whales, I will also be going back in September for the first time since 2008 and will have a bit of a heavy heart watching it, it won't be the same after all the contraversy (can't spell it!) Seaworld have had over the last few months with the death of Dawn and then the still born calf and death of the mother, I can see Seaworld can't let trainers enter the pool at the moment but even if they were I think I wouldn't feel the same, it has lost a bit of the innocence and purity now. The video of the boy and the whale was touching but then you remember Tilikum did kill a human being, he wasn't playing - he savaged her! The show is not quite so endearing now!

I love Seaworld and support the work they do, in an ideal world Killer Whales would be free but release them now and they would die.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom