Beat day crowdwise, February

Mickey1984

Original Poster
Could anyone shed any light on what would be best day crowdwise to take a 1 day trip out of the world and venture over to the dark area of Universal.

We go in February and Presidents’ Day is right in the middle weekend of our holiday.

Any ideas?

trr1

Could anyone shed any light on what would be best day crowdwise to take a 1 day trip out of the world and venture over to the dark area of Universal.

We go in February and Presidents’ Day is right in the middle weekend of our holiday.

Any ideas?
try here
The very best times to visit Universal Orlando in 2020 are ...

• Jan. 6-16, Jan. 27-Feb. 13
  • Feb. 24-March 6

macefamily

Been there once in February. It's a good month for visiting the parks because spring breaks haven't occurred yet. Mardi Gras kicks off in February so there will be some great food and entertainment there for you.

The Tuna

Don't forget the weather. You will want a good weather day due to the many outdoor attractions that will be shut. I usually pick a few days i would like to go based on crowd calendars and pick the best weather day when i get there.

macefamily

We're heading down Sept. 20-21. Going to cram Disney in. Arriving 8:00 AM on 9/20. That first day will be close to a 24 hour day. Getting up to go to the airport at 1:30 AM.
Just checked the wait times this afternoon and I hope they're the same when we go. All parks are 10-15 minute waits ! Smuggler's Run is 55 min.

ilovetotravel1977

We went on the weekend our first time and it was very manageable, but my folks went last year during the week and everything was a walk on, multiple times in a row, actually.

Weather_Lady

FWIW, we visited Universal last year (staying onsite there) for all of President's Day week, arriving right on Monday (President's Day). Although the crowds were heaviest on that arrival day and diminished every day for the rest of the week, even at their worst, they really weren't bad at all. I'd read ahead of time that Universal is much less affected by seasonal vacation crowds than Disney World is, and in my experience (visiting Universal the previous year on a low-crowd random week in May, and again over February break), that was true.

For the best Universal crowds, avoid the previous Friday (which will also be Valentine's Day this year) through President's Day Monday (2/14-17, 2020), and of course, arrive just before rope drop and head straight to Harry Potter and/or the big coasters if you're planning on doing those attractions in standby. If you're planning on purchasing the Express Pass or Unlimited Express Pass add-ons, then you don't even need to worry about what day you visit or what order to hit attractions in, because crowd levels won't impact your wait times appreciably at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom