Beach......

emma c

Original Poster
hello

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to go the beach for day? With own transport obviously not sure if there a bus or anything?

CAPTAIN HOOK

By car - the east coast is around an hours drive, west coast slightly longer. I expect that you could get there by bus, but you'd probably need to get into Orlando itself to get one.

emma c

Original Poster
Cheers nubby would love to a day at beach but not sure how easy it will be to achieve! Am hoping the travel agents will offer some service or know a easy way to get there!

raven

Cocoa Beach (east coast) is very touristy and crowded. Best bet is Clearwater Beach (Gulf coast) as it is very wide and less crowded. Also has powder soft sand and some of the most amazing sunsets!

emma c

Original Poster
Thanks not sure it going to happen to be honest don't look like we can get there at the moment! We have booked with virgin this time so hoping they do a excursion trip or something so we can go as hubby got heart set on it so fingers crossed!

SAV

We always figure "Beach Time" into our Orlando vacations. We love the Clearwater Beach area. It is approximately 1.5 hours west and very easy to make a day trip to. We always have a rental car, so I can't speak to any busses etc. But you can always rent a car for a day and make the trip. They have a rental agency right on Disney property.

If it is something that he really wants to do, then it is very easy to make it happen.

NiarrNDisney

Yes Cocoa Beach can be crowded with tourists due to it only being about an hour away but if you head south on the A1A you can find areas mostly frequented by locals. Look around Patrick Air Base or a little more south in Satellite Beach.

emma c

Original Poster
Think I'm sorted virgin do a day excursion to Clearwater and we can do boat ride and see the dolphins in sea!!!! Though doing my luck dolphins be on their hols and bloody jaws will turn up instead!

emma c

Original Poster
Yeah looking forward to it and be nice to have a day away from theme parks as we'll bit more relaxing and be lovely,to see wild dolphins!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom