Beach & Yacht Club or Wilderness Lodge

DarthVader

Sith Lord
My kids are aching for the BC, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the premium to stay there, I was looking more for a value or moderate stay this go around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Weather_Lady

My kids are aching for the BC, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the premium to stay there, I was looking more for a value or moderate stay this go around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FWIW, if you're able to plan far enough ahead and are comfortable with a studio DVC villa at BC on rented points, it can be had at a sizeable discount. Our 3-night stay at BC in a studio at the end of April (using rented DVC points from David's Vacation Rentals) worked out to $250/night, even though we paid premium prices to reserve it at 11 months out... I do realize that's still a lot of money, though.

Dave B

Original Poster
FWIW, ) worked out to $250/night, even though we paid premium prices to reserve it at 11 months out... I do realize that's still a lot of money, though.

What does that mean? Are you saying that$250 is a premium price, because that is CHEAP for this resort, or did you have to pay a fee/premium? Please clarify, thx

Weather_Lady

What does that mean? Are you saying that$250 is a premium price, because that is CHEAP for this resort, or did you have to pay a fee/premium? Please clarify, thx

What I meant was that David's Vacation Rentals (and most other DVC rental companies, to my knowledge) charge a premium price (an extra $2/point) to book certain resorts, BC included, more than 7 months out. I do recognize that what we paid was a bargain price for BC, regardless. What I should have said was, "worked out to only $250/night, even taking into account that we paid the higher rental rate for booking at 11 months rather than 7-or-less." In other words, had we booked it after the 7-month mark, or directly through a member charging less per point, we'd have saved even more.

Last edited:

DarthVader

Sith Lord
FWIW, if you're able to plan far enough ahead and are comfortable with a studio DVC villa at BC on rented points, it can be had at a sizeable discount.
That's definitely an option and I'll look into it, but in the past we've had to adjust our vacation, i.e., move it and that's not really feasible AFAIK when renting DVC points. If I'm sure we can lock ourselves in on a given time frame then that's one thing

Jon81uk

Do you want to spend more time at the Magic Kingdom or at Epcot?

The short boat journey back to WL from MK is nice and you can walk to BC/YC from Epcot. That should probably be the main deciding factor.

The WL pool does have a standard slide, same as all the other moderate & deluxe resorts. BC/YC are only resorts to have the big slide.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
BC/YC are only resorts to have the big slide.
This is why my kids are pushing for the BC/YC. While we do spend more time at MK, they do enjoy the time at the resort, as we try to spend a day or two of downtime at the resort and also they enjoy the pool after the park. We tend not to stay till closing and so they head off to the pool which gives them some time to cool off and decompress.

HansGruber

Y&B Club PROs:
  • Centrally located to the entire complex.
  • Within walking distance to EPCOT and DHS.
  • Next door to Boardwalk.
  • Insane pool.
WL PROs:
  • Much better theming.
  • Insane lobby.
  • Much better boat ambiance (if that's your thing).
  • Geyser Point Bar is pretty ridiculous.
  • Close to MK (but travel time still isn't great. I think too many here are underestimating the time.)

The pool at Y&B Club is first rate...but a pool is a pool. Kids are going to have a good time in any pool.
Plus, as others have stated, the fence around the Y&B Club pool is absurd and good luck trying to monitor children. It's a maze in there. I couldn't even find my wife and children in there.

chrisbarry

Just a few considerations.

Pool at Yacht and Beach is best anywhere - at any hotel not just Disney. Wilderness Lodge pool is a little small for the size of the resort.

Wilderness Lodge theming and lobby are just extraordinary! Yacht is beautiful but Wilderness is a "Holy Crap" moment when you walk into the lobby and it never lets up. It's stunning.

Can't beat walking into Epcot.

Wilderness can't sleep 5 in a regular room if that's a concern as it is with my family.

Lots more food accessibility at Yacht and Beach area.

I would love to stay at Wilderness more, but as I said, we can't fit 5 there so aside from my wife and I on our adult's only trip years ago, we never go unless we splurge and dine at Artist Point - my top restaurant on property.

All factors figured in - Yacht Club wins out in my mind every time.

OneofThree

Pool at Yacht and Beach is best anywhere - at any hotel not just Disney. Wilderness Lodge pool is a little small for the size of the resort.

I agree the pool at WL is on the modest side, but I also think you're getting a little carried away with SAB. Look no further than the pool at Four Seasons @ WDW:

four-seasons2-1024x768.jpg

TrojanUSC

I agree the pool at WL is on the modest side, but I also think you're getting a little carried away with SAB. Look no further than the pool at Four Seasons @ WDW:

four-seasons2-1024x768.jpg

Indeed. The WDW Four Seasons pool puts anything else at WDW to shame. It's truly world class.

atjimfromdisney

I think it comes down to which setting you find more attractive to you and your family. I adore the Wilderness Lodge and rustic outdoor feel that comes with it. The lobby, the pool, Geyser Point and all the details that come with it draw me in ever so much. The boat ride to MK is also a fun journey outside the usual monorail ride (not that monorails aren't fun ;) ).

Not saying that I don't love the Boardwalk or theme that is brought with Yacht & Beach. The pool is second to none and helllllooooo Beaches and Cream! Walks to Epcot (especially during Food and Wine or Flower and Garden) and DHS are nice and being able to hop over to catch Illuminations whenever you'd like is a plus.

It comes down to which experience and theme puts you in your happy place! Either decision will be a great one.

JusticeDisney

Indeed. The WDW Four Seasons pool puts anything else at WDW to shame. It's truly world class.
I agree that the Four Seasons pool is spectacular, but to say that it puts SAB to shame is a bit of a stretch, IMO. At a minimum, they are very close competitors. That said, having stayed at both resorts, I prefer SAB.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom