Bay Lake

goonsquads57

Original Poster
Bay lake is definately NOT man made. However, the seven seas lagoon is. The earth taken out while digging SSL was used to build up the ground level of the magic kingdom. If I read it correctly, I believe SSL was the result of needing to raise the ground level of the magic kingdom to avoid potential future water level problems. I'm not sure the lagoon was in Walt's original plan. It was borne out of necessity.

Lance

Correct, Bay lake is natural and was there.

I think Walt was going to put the Magic Kingdom in the middle of the SSL while it was still land, but something with flood concerns and he had to make all those canals so it wouldn't flood. So yes he used the land to build up the MK, so it is really like 3 or 4 stories above ground something like that.

TD Mickey

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about a hotel being built between the Contemparary and Polynesian? Last time I was down there I talked to the monorail people and they said something about land being defaced, but then found out it wasn't stable enough for a hotel. I thought it would be another beautiful resort overlooking the seven seas lagoon. So does anyone know what the hotel was going to be?

Monorail Lime

I guess you are talking about the Venetian resort, I haven't heard anything about that in quite some time now. It was going to be between the Contemporary and the TTC but there certainly isn't any construction being done there. Maybe they found problems with the land, or decided that there isn't room for a good resort there (that's my opinion on the matter), or maybe they just have too many expensive rooms already!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom