Bay lake tower

Boardwalker

Original Poster
Looking to get a 1-2 bedroom in the next 2 years with park view. Would love some reviews from anyone who has stayed there.

PhilharMagician

We have stayed there a few times and have really enjoyed our stay. I am not so much a fan of contemporary décor but the location and the amenities @ the Contemporary resort made our stay. All of our stays we had a Lake view classified room, but had a decent view of MK which is really nice at night. We did like watching Wishes from our balcony while sitting down with a glass of wine and the music is piped through the TV so you can listen also. One of the things I liked the most was walking to and from MK. It is such a short walk and there was no waiting the long lines for boats, busses or monorails to get back to the room at the park closing rush.
The BLT pool was quite nice since it was gated and access was with room card which kept it very quiet. One bad thing about the pool is that by early afternoon the sun was already setting behind the BLT tower and the pool was shaded. In the fall and winter months you really need that sun if you want to hang at the pool and found it to be just to cold unless you were in the heated water of the pool itself. The Contemporary pools see more sun and would be a better option on those colder days.
The Concourse in the Contemporary was a great asset. It is a quick walk across the covered sky bridge and you are there. This made it nice for late night snack @ the Contempo Cafe' or hitting the arcade with my daughter for a pre bedtime game of air hockey. Then to have 3 TS restaurants available in your resort is a big plus. Then add in the Top of the World Lounge which I really love. I like to get there around 5:00 when they open and have a few cocktails and then we order a few appetizers to share for our dinner and then leave before all of the crowd arrives prior to the fireworks. Make sure that if you go there to go out on the balcony behind the bar that overlooks Bay Lake. I really never see anyone go out there and the door is not really advertising that there is a great view out here. Check it out.
The downfalls of this resort would be the bus transport to other parks and DTD. The busses also stop @ the GF which takes some extra time and it seams like the busses do not come as frequent to the Contemporary. Also the monorail service can be a bonus or a real big pain in the . If you try to hop on the monorail and head to Epcot in the early evening like 6:30 and MK is closing for a holiday party then I have waited for 45 minutes to get on because they are full of MK guests heading to the TTC and believe be they are standing room only. The other problem I have hit is catching the monorail when they are transferring between tracks and this shuts everything down. One time it took me an hour and 15 minutes to get from the Contemporary to Epcot. We hit it just at the wrong time which was right around 5:00 pm as we were heading for a dinner reservation for 6:00PM @ Teppan Edo and we were late.
If you want to see the Electric Water Pageant then you can out on the Contemporary docks or grab a seat by the camp fire on the beach and relax while watching it pass.

Overall it is a great resort with it's plusses and minuses like all of them. I would definitely stay there again. I hope you enjoy your stay

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom