Battery Life/Signature Bands

sandam1

Original Poster
So I was just surfing the Disney store website while procrastinating at work and saw that they have a Pluto magic band, which has me really, really tempted. But I was wondering about the battery life on it. Are the signature bands a "one year, maybe two" battery like the regular ones? We are only going to be at Disney for four days this fall with no future trip planned so I trying to figure out if it's worth it.

Rob562

So I was just surfing the Disney store website while procrastinating at work and saw that they have a Pluto magic band, which has me really, really tempted. But I was wondering about the battery life on it. Are the signature bands a "one year, maybe two" battery like the regular ones? We are only going to be at Disney for four days this fall with no future trip planned so I trying to figure out if it's worth it.

I would presume that the battery life is the same in the custom Bands as they are in the generic "free" ones you get with a hotel stay.

That being said, the Band will still work indefinitely for all tap-to-use functions even after the battery dies. The battery only powers the long-distance function of the Band that is currently only used for auto-linking of ride photos and whatever crowd tracking Disney has (or eventually will) put in place.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom