battery life on old Magic Bands

FishyMom

Original Poster
We have a set of Magic Bands from October 2013, and we're heading back in August. We'll be getting new ones (staying at POR), but wondered if we should bother bringing the old ones again. We won't get the new ones until we arrive, as we're coming from Canada. I've heard that the battery life is about 2 years, so am I cutting it too close with the old ones? Anyone have any real experience with the battery life in the bands?

56 days and counting...can't wait! :happy:

CaptainAmerica

We have a set of Magic Bands from October 2013, and we're heading back in August. We'll be getting new ones (staying at POR), but wondered if we should bother bringing the old ones again. We won't get the new ones until we arrive, as we're coming from Canada. I've heard that the battery life is about 2 years, so am I cutting it too close with the old ones? Anyone have any real experience with the battery life in the bands?

56 days and counting...can't wait! :happy:
The touch points don't need the battery, so they'll work as park tickets and touch-to-pay forever. The only part (for now) that uses the batter is on-ride photos. If you're using MemoryMaker, use the new bands. Otherwise, the old ones should work forever and always.

Tom

Beta Return
I don't think anyone has had them long enough for a battery to die yet....or at least there hasn't been prolific posting on the internet about it.

Regardless, go ahead and take your old ones. The only thing the battery powers is the long-range transmitter, which is (so far) only really used for the automatic linking of a few on-ride photos/videos to your account. For Magical Express, Room Check-In, Door Access, Charging and Tickets, the old bands will work just fine (assuming they're still active and everything is properly linked in MDE).

FishyMom

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies! They're still active in MDE, so I might as well take them. Will likely make it easier for Magical Express.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom