Basic FastPass+ Question (60-Day Window)

jeffmw

Original Poster
Haven't been to a Disney Park in quite a while and have never used the FastPass+ system. Quick, basic question.

We aren't going until early February but I went onto the FastPass+ system just to see how it works so I'll be prepared when the time comes. Even though we have our on-site lodging booked and linked to our tickets, I noticed it only has our bookable window to be 30 days out (currently mid-December).

When our on-site stay becomes within 60 days, will the system automatically detect that and stretch that window to 60 days? That's what I figured but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
Jeff

jeffmw

Original Poster
Yes. My question is whether the system automatically detects an on-site stay and bumps your window from 30 to 60 on that day.

Rob562

The short answer to your question is yes, it will automatically open to you at 60 days.

Since the system has no way of knowing that you're 100% definitely going to use your separately-purchased, tickets in February, it gives you the ability to make FP+ for the next 30 days from the current date. (For all they know, you might be going to visit your Aunt Ethel in Kissimmee next week and need to use your ticket then and you'll be buying a separate ticket for February at some future date)

Then when you get to the 60-day mark from your check-in date, the dates available for you to choose would then be the 30 days immediately following the current date *plus* the dates of your hotel reservation. It does not open up all 60 days between the current date and your checkin date.

This is different for people who purchased tickets as part of a package reservation. In those instances there is no way to use the tickets until your checkin date, since they're tied to the reservation. So you get zero access to the FP+ system until your 60-day mark.

-Rob

Nemo14

Yes. My question is whether the system automatically detects an on-site stay and bumps your window from 30 to 60 on that day.

I'm a little confused about your question. If it says mid-December now, isn't that your 60 day out date? Or does it say January now, which would be the 30-day date?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom