Base21 and NASA and SSE info

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The educational podcast has the Siemens rep talking about SSE's refurb, from the VIP lounge Base21 and other fun stuff.

disneyworld.com/nasa

Thessair

Is anyone else having trouble with the video? The connection to the server just keeps dropping out. I guess it could be an overabundance of traffic.

jt04

Is anyone else having trouble with the video? The connection to the server just keeps dropping out. I guess it could be an overabundance of traffic.

Same here. Still using a slow dial-up connection. Maybe someone could describe some of the highlights. Thanks.

XSTech

I was there for the Q&A session with park guests in the Mission: Space post-show area. I'll have a full video of the entire 30-minute session online within a few hours. It's uploading now.

It was wonderful to see the astronauts in person and listen to their answers to some great questions from the guests!

PintoColvig

Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm surfing the web via my Palm Treo and I can't do a search....oh, and take this with a grain of salt because it came from a CM....

Anyway, on Fri. evening, the wife and I stopped by the post-show area and one of the CMs said they were supposed to start work on the Megacities exhibit next week She also said that the screens above the exhibit area would feature choices that you make on the touch screens from the ride. Oh, and she also said that some of Siemens' security technology would be featured in the exhibit area as well, specifically facial recognition. Apparently, your face would be scanned while on the ride and when you approached the exhibit that is to be built immediately to your left as you exit, you would "recognized". Take it for what it's worth.

SDav10495

Anyway, on Fri. evening, the wife and I stopped by the post-show area and one of the CMs said they were supposed to start work on the Megacities exhibit next week She also said that the screens above the exhibit area would feature choices that you make on the touch screens from the ride. Oh, and she also said that some of Siemens' security technology would be featured in the exhibit area as well, specifically facial recognition. Apparently, your face would be scanned while on the ride and when you approached the exhibit that is to be built immediately to your left as you exit, you would "recognized". Take it for what it's worth.

Thanks for that info...the facial recognition thing always seemed a wee bit gimmicky to me, but I have to admit it's pretty futuristic and would be a welcome addition to Siemens' show. It's been a while since anything at Epcot had that "ooh and ahh" factor that made you feel like you were really experiencing technology from the future.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Thanks for that info...the facial recognition thing always seemed a wee bit gimmicky to me, but I have to admit it's pretty futuristic and would be a welcome addition to Siemens' show. It's been a while since anything at Epcot had that "ooh and ahh" factor that made you feel like you were really experiencing technology from the future.

I agree that would be neat if true...im curious about two things though: The screens on the vechiles what are they for? I hope its nothing gimmicky and if they do take your picture in the ride I wonder if its going to be a bright annoying flash or will they do it in the dark somehow. Bright flashes of light inside SSE would be annoying.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm surfing the web via my Palm Treo and I can't do a search....oh, and take this with a grain of salt because it came from a CM....

Yeah, i've been wondering when someone would bring up that area directly to the left.

Super Driver is blue, the 3D bones assembly thingy is Green, Megacities area is orange, and that area to the left is red.. obviously meant to be something else. :)

Nice to know it has a purpose, and that Megacities will start construction soon - was hoping they'd have most stuff done by the time SSE reopens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom