Bands and dining reservations

snookie5605

Original Poster
Ok so I'm trying to figure these bands out. Apparently when I made dining reservations I got a little crazy and created too many accounts for friends and family. So now I'm noticing that all of my dining reservations are under my name in one account and then the room and tickets and magic bands are under another. Will I be ok if my dining reservations aren't linked to my magic band? I've been going crazy trying to figure out how to switch them but since I'm the primary guest it won't let me modify the guest to change myself. From what I read, it seems like all I need to really worry about being on the bands is my room and tickets and the package I booked. Can someone let me know?

Rob562

Having the dining reservations under a different login account won't kill anything, but the information won't be as linked and available as it is intended to be (where dining plans, FP+ and other plans all show up on the same screen in itinerary format)

If you want to spend some extra time, you could see if the MDE tech support people could merge the two accounts, though I'm sure there are some on here that would say "Don't do it, you'll give them more of a chance to mess things up"

If you want to try, the number I have for tech support is 407-939-4357.

Going forward, it's important to consistently use the same login account every time so that things are linked correctly.

-Rob

snookie5605

Original Poster
I have the same login account.its that my primary guest is under courtney which my dining reservations are under but my room package and magic bands are under Courtney which is how the travel agent booked it. The "Courtney" with the capital "C" is listed as a friend and family. Any suggestions for that?

ddrongowski

I have the same login account.its that my primary guest is under courtney which my dining reservations are under but my room package and magic bands are under Courtney which is how the travel agent booked it. The "Courtney" with the capital "C" is listed as a friend and family. Any suggestions for that?
Get a new travel agent?:D Sorry that's all I got.:confused:

twag1

My band was never scanned at the reservation desk in the six table service restaurants we ate at last week. It was scanned immediately when the server asked us if we were on the DP - but of course we were already seated then.

With that in mind, I do think you're probably OK, but if it was me, I'd do as Rob562 suggests above and contact MDE.

Gomer

A word or warning to you, or anyone with this problem. Contacting MDE support will get you the fix. However, if its just your dining reservations it may not be worth the trouble. I had a similar issue, where I had two accounts. Mine occurred because I had an old ESPN account that I had deactivated years ago that was still in their system.

In order to get it fixed, I went through 5 support calls, 8 support people, over 7 hours on the phone and a two month period where I lost all access to my DVC account because they had accidentally deleted me from that system while trying to "fix" the problem.

If you do attempt to call. Be assertive in stating what you believe the problem is. My mistake was assuming that they knew better than me. After 3 people, and a couple hours, I found that they didn't even understand my problem, they had gone and applied fixes to a problem that didn't exist, which only made it more complicated to fix in the end. Once I walked the last support person through a detailed explanation of how I thought the problem should be fixed, he was able to fix it.

All my point is, make sure you have the time to commit to that process before you start it.

twag1

A word or warning to you, or anyone with this problem. Contacting MDE support will get you the fix. However, if its just your dining reservations it may not be worth the trouble. I had a similar issue, where I had two accounts. Mine occurred because I had an old ESPN account that I had deactivated years ago that was still in their system.

In order to get it fixed, I went through 5 support calls, 8 support people, over 7 hours on the phone and a two month period where I lost all access to my DVC account because they had accidentally deleted me from that system while trying to "fix" the problem.

If you do attempt to call. Be assertive in stating what you believe the problem is. My mistake was assuming that they knew better than me. After 3 people, and a couple hours, I found that they didn't even understand my problem, they had gone and applied fixes to a problem that didn't exist, which only made it more complicated to fix in the end. Once I walked the last support person through a detailed explanation of how I thought the problem should be fixed, he was able to fix it.

All my point is, make sure you have the time to commit to that process before you start it.

Very good point - - good enough to make me rethink! If the only thing on the "faux" account is the res - and seeing they don't scan at the desk when you register - maybe leaving well enough alone is better. That and taking the paper copies as suggested.

Cesar R M

I do agree with everyone on the printing part, better have proof than be sorry about it.
My recommendation is.. get the reservation numbers printed.
then go to your CONCIERGE DESK that is in the frontdesk of your resort when you arrive.. so they CONFIRM your reservation.
they will give you a new printed voucher (smaller but more durable printed paper). That should be more than enough.

snookie5605

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I am such a crazy planner it just made me nervous, but you're right! I am good with my package, room, tix, etc which will have my DDP on it. I always bring a copy of my dining reservations so ill make sure I do that for sure! These bands seem to be complicated when it comes to all if this my disney experience website! It's def more work than past years!

CaptainShortty

Ok so I'm trying to figure these bands out. Apparently when I made dining reservations I got a little crazy and created too many accounts for friends and family. So now I'm noticing that all of my dining reservations are under my name in one account and then the room and tickets and magic bands are under another. Will I be ok if my dining reservations aren't linked to my magic band? I've been going crazy trying to figure out how to switch them but since I'm the primary guest it won't let me modify the guest to change myself. From what I read, it seems like all I need to really worry about being on the bands is my room and tickets and the package I booked. Can someone let me know?

Soooo...having multiple accounts is one of those things that may give you some trouble when you actually get to WDW. The nice thing is is that if it's only your dining reservations on the "ghost accounts" it isn't the biggest deal. That being said, let me try and fix it for you. First, let me ask you a question. Did you create 2 accounts with 2 different e-mail addresses? Or is everything in one e-mail address but you just have multiple of you when you show up in your family and friends link?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom