Band "customization"

Steve1005

Original Poster
I still have another 41 days to do my bands, (73 days till I go!) now, when this whole thing launched, I remember seeing them say that there was going to be colors you could choose from, but wasn't there supposed to be an option where you could get a cooler one for a small additional fee? (Like disney princess, or tinker bell)
I really wanted to get something like that for my daughter. I was a little disappointed actually.

Tom

Beta Return
I still have another 41 days to do my bands, (73 days till I go!) now, when this whole thing launched, I remember seeing them say that there was going to be colors you could choose from, but wasn't there supposed to be an option where you could get a cooler one for a small additional fee? (Like disney princess, or tinker bell)
I really wanted to get something like that for my daughter. I was a little disappointed actually.

There are "wraps" that you can buy, but not through the MDE app or website. I think you just get them in the parks right now.

Steve1005

Original Poster
Ok. I don't really care so much about mine, I figure the munchkin would like to make hers a little more special though. Thanks for the info!!

Rob562

The OP may also be thinking of one of the first photos that came out way long ago when the Bands were first being talked about that made them look more like leather wristbands with emproidered names or characters stamps on them. Those haven't materialized, and most likely have been abandoned as a possibility by Disney.

Your only option is the covers mentioned by others which are for sale in the resorts.

-Rob

stevehousse

The magic band accessories are what you are looking for! You can find them in the gift shops at your resort!

There are 3 different kinds you can get. They have wraps that completely cover your band. Then you have large size "charms" I would call them I guess, that slide over the MB, usually faces of characters. They then have small sized "charms" as well that actually snap into the holes of the MB. We bought our son the small charm snap ons the first night we were at Disney in the Conteporary resort after dinner at chef mickeys. They were relatively not to expensive, and I thought they would have cost more. The snap on charms come in sets of 3 for 6.95. Not bad and they were cute. We got the sorcerer Mickey set.

Steve1005

Original Poster
@Rob562 that's exactly what I was thinking about. I was kind of thinking they either scrapped the idea or that maybe after all the testing was done they might put them out.

@stevehousse everything you posted just makes me think about the fact that my daughter will probably end up having 20 bucks worth of add ons to her band now. Lol

Thanks guys!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom