band colors

Dole Whip Happy Hour

Original Poster
Just Curious

How does everyone like the colors of the bands they got?
I would guess blue and pink are popular

I know this this is such a minor detail in the grand scheme of things, but I had to ask

DH got the blue, DS wants grey, DD went with pink. I am between the green and orange. Do not want red for some reason.

patch553

just ordered ours for our upcoming stays in feb cause we got 3 different stays { 2 adults } we get 6 bands in total so done one in every colour apart from grey just to see what they all look like.

cslafferty

DH and I each got 2 - he got blue and grey and I got red and pink. I am a sucker, so I know I'll probably buy the embellishments that go on them. I figured the red and pink bands will go best with the extras I will probably buy!:oops:

Clamman73

just ordered ours for our upcoming stays in feb cause we got 3 different stays { 2 adults } we get 6 bands in total so done one in every colour apart from grey just to see what they all look like.

I thought you were able to reuse the band for another stay?

schmulie14

We love ours. My son wore his the whole day when we got them. I only wore mine for a while :D

Attachments

• IMG_20131105_153923.jpg
    IMG_20131105_153923.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 51

G00fyDad

You should be able to. We will be using ours again.

On the original topic, I got blue, my wife got pink, and my son got red. I love these colors, but it would be nice if Disney would go with the original rumor about these bands from a couple of years ago. They were rumored to have the option of adding characters to the bands. But that would have cut into the extra money they are going to get from selling Coverbands, and Bandits.

disney-magic-band-2.jpg

patch553

I'm not sure I just filled out what it told me to do on mde for my orders I'm hoping I can use a different colour band each day on our last stay ??? not sure if the bands work after you check out is that why they give us 3 sets?????

G00fyDad

I'm not sure I just filled out what it told me to do on mde for my orders I'm hoping I can use a different colour band each day on our last stay ??? not sure if the bands work after you check out is that why they give us 3 sets?????

If it makes you order new ones then go ahead. It seems rather silly to me for Disney to do this, but I suppose they assume the vast majority of people will lose their bands before their next trip. So I guess that they just have people order new ones by default.

They ought to have a small tik box that allows a user to opt out of new bands and just reuse older ones.

Betsyboo

Just Curious

How does everyone like the colors of the bands they got?
I would guess blue and pink are popular

I know this this is such a minor detail in the grand scheme of things, but I had to ask

DH got the blue, DS wants grey, DD went with pink. I am between the green and orange. Do not want red for some reason.
Getting ready to customize ours. Can't decide what color but I also wish purple was a choice.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The system makes you get new bands even if you have bands from a prior vacation. I already have 2, and because of a split stay in December will have 3 more! Yes, you can use your bands interchangeably (I did).

G00fyDad

The system makes you get new bands even if you have bands from a prior vacation. I already have 2, and because of a split stay in December will have 3 more! Yes, you can use your bands interchangeably (I did).

If it makes you order new bands then how can you possibly use older bands? Doesn't it assign a new unique identifier that will not match up with the older bands?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If it makes you order new bands then how can you possibly use older bands? Doesn't it assign a new unique identifier that will not match up with the older bands?
The bands remain ''active'' on your MDE profile unless you choose to ''deactivate'' them. Of course you need to keep the bands linked to active ticket media. I have an AP. I was able to use both bands during my last visit for admission, FP+ , and room key. Once checked out of the hotel, the room key/charging no longer functions.

CheshireCat12

What are everyone's favorite colors? I love the green one (that's what I'm getting for the next trip) although I also like orange and pink. Curious to know what colors are most popular!

Rob562

The bands remain ''active'' on your MDE profile unless you choose to ''deactivate'' them. Of course you need to keep the bands linked to active ticket media. I have an AP. I was able to use both bands during my last visit for admission, FP+ , and room key. Once checked out of the hotel, the room key/charging no longer functions.

Yup. The Bands are simply "pointers" to your MDE profile, they're not (directly) linked to a hotel reservation, park tickets, etc.
Every aspect of MDE is something linked to your profile. Every time you scan the Band, the system looks up the associated profile and then looks for whatever it needs on that profile... Front gate looks to see if there's valid park admission. FP+ ride entrance post looks for a valid FP+ reservation, etc.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom